Chicken Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry _ I should have explained. I was reading an article about celebrities diets and I noticed that "chicken salad" came up often - I was curious about what it was!

The chicken salad I make is defiinitely not diet material but it's just plain terrific!

CHICKEN SALAD

Finely chopped roasted chicken breast and thighs
finely chopped onion and celery
chopped toasted walnuts
dried cranberries or dried cherries
salt and pepper
mayo

Mix all together is the amounts you prefer (don't skimp on the walnuts and cranberries). Let sit in the fridge for 1 hour to meld flavors and spread on your favorite bread, mine is nuts and grains, or fill a hollowed out tomato. Just enjoy.

The chicken salad I make is defiinitely not diet material but it's just plain terrific!

CHICKEN SALAD

Finely chopped roasted chicken breast and thighs
finely chopped onion and celery
chopped toasted walnuts
dried cranberries or dried cherries
salt and pepper
mayo

Mix all together is the amounts you prefer (don't skimp on the walnuts and cranberries). Let sit in the fridge for 1 hour to meld flavors and spread on your favorite bread, mine is nuts and grains, or fill a hollowed out tomato. Just enjoy.

I bet I could use pecans with the dried cherries if I didn't have the toasted walnuts. I'm thinking this would be wonderful as an appetizer like sliced pinwheels.

:huh:

Bare with my noobness. So chicken salad is basically diced chicken with mayo (or other things like suggested, mustard or yogurt) to bind, with just about anything else such as fruits, veggies, herbs, spices etc.

I love chicken salad but when I look for recipes they are all different and was just curious what the basic building blocks were. Also on the salad note, would tuna salad be the same but with tuna instead of chicken?

The nice thing about chicken and tuna it can be changed each time you use it..My family loves tuna with dill pickles diced in it plus celery and sliced green onions, then they mix in some mayo and sweet mustard,a few toasted pine nuts and serve on a hollowed out french roll add some lettuce and enjoy

kadesma

Things I wouldn't put in Tuna salad that I would put in Chicken salad: chopped walnuts, raisins, dried cranberries, chopped apples. That about covers it, as far as I can remember anyway.

I love chicken salad, and often use the whole boiled chicken from my soup to make it.

Back when I was catering, one of my assistants brought in a recipe for a Mango Chicken Salad that is particularly delicious. The bright flavor of the in-season mango really adds punch!

I also like it made just with celery and home made mayo and a whisper of fresh herbs from my garden (tarragon, marjoram, lavender leaves and garlic chives). :)

I like to add some finely chopped green onion or onion flakes (not much though) and a dash of tabasco in addition to celery, eggs, pickle relish and tuna or chicken with Hellman's.......we have a deli that is packed at lunch and they make the best tuna and chicken salad ever.........you can have it with their homemade rolls or on a gigantic salad..........their lines are out the door..........I'm going to go tomorrow since reading this thread..........:):)

Back
Top Bottom