Chicken Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chicken salad is versatile..You can do most anything you like with it...It frees you up to put your favorite thing in it...Example
shred some chicken, add finely chopped celery, parsley, toasted walnuts, grapes and green onions, salt and pepper and mix together with some mayo and just a touch of mustard, either put on some lettuce or onto you favorite bread or roll and enjoy

kadesma

Welcome to DC!

We make it often when I make chicken soup. Using the whole chicken makes it very flavorful, as opposed to just using the breast meat. Pretty much the same recipe, although we use celery seed when we don't have fresh in the fridge, and finely shred some carrots. I like sweet relish in mine too.

Got some new for you...celebrities eat the same stuff we do. It's just that there are media people always at the ready with a camera, and they probably have a lot of pictures of chicken salad sammies. I thought all the celebs were busy being PETA supporters and saving the planet? I sure hope their fans don't find out that they are eating something with a face...

One of my favorite chicken salads consists of:

Shredded or diced cooked chicken
Halved red or green seedless grapes
Diced Smoked Gouda cheese
Walnut pieces
Mayonnaise to bind
Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste

All ingredient amounts are "to taste". Serve on a bed of mixed greens.

I use chopped chicken, hard boiled eggs, sweet pickle relish and Miracle Whip in mine...not very imaginative, but awfully good!

Welcome to DC!
Got some new for you...celebrities eat the same stuff we do. It's just that there are media people always at the ready with a camera, and they probably have a lot of pictures of chicken salad sammies. I thought all the celebs were busy being PETA supporters and saving the planet? I sure hope their fans don't find out that they are eating something with a face...

LOL! I am sure they are eating fair trade. free range organic chicken salad...

Chicken salad can be made just about any way you can think of. I agree with the using a whole chicken. If I am making the chicken specifically for salad I like to poach it (there was a CI recipe for French Chicken In a Pot or something that I used as a base) This can add alot of flavor especially if you poach in a flavorful vegetable stock.

So far as the salad goes... I have to say I like the classic mayo version as described best.... On a Kaiser Roll... maybe with a couple strips of bacon and a slice of Swiss... Paris Hilton eat your heart out you can keep the low fat on a carb-conscious wrap version!

So far as the salad goes... I have to say I like the classic mayo version as described best.... On a Kaiser Roll... maybe with a couple strips of bacon and a slice of Swiss... Paris Hilton eat your heart out you can keep the low fat on a carb-conscious wrap version!

The bacon and Swiss would really be good on a toasted version of the sandwich!

Killer chicken apple waldorf salad.

Chunked Chicken, seedless grapes halved, walnuts, apples diced, celery diced, sunflower seeds(optional), small marshmallows, raisins(optional).

To that stir in miracle whip and cool whip.

I make chicken salad in the summer for a quick and easy meal when its hot out.
I use a whole rotisserie chicken, deboned, skinned and chopped, then add mayo, chopped taragon, roasted pecans, celery, grapes and a splash of freshly squeezed lemon. I love the tarrogon flavor in the salad.

Killer chicken apple waldorf salad.

Chunked Chicken, seedless grapes halved, walnuts, apples diced, celery diced, sunflower seeds(optional), small marshmallows, raisins(optional).

To that stir in miracle whip and cool whip.

Close to what we do but no sunflower seeds, marshmallows, or cool whip. And to our miracle whip we had just a touch of horseradish sauce.

I also like the idea of bacon and swiss on top, LOL. As stated, chicken salad is very very versatile and limited mostly to your imagination...

I like chicken salad like they serve at Jason's Deli. It has chicken, mayo, crushed pineapple, and toasted slivered almonds. It sounds odd but it's so yummy!

I'm not so sure I understand the "celebrity" side of the question.

I like a pretty simple chicken salad: celery, a bit of onion, fresh parsley, lemon juice, hard boiled eggs, mayo to bind, s & p. Sometimes I don't have parsley and lemons, but, everything else is a must!

I'm not so sure I understand the "celebrity" side of the question.

I like a pretty simple chicken salad: celery, a bit of onion, fresh parsley, lemon juice, hard boiled eggs, mayo to bind, s & p. Sometimes I don't have parsley and lemons, but, everything else is a must!

Sorry _ I should have explained. I was reading an article about celebrities diets and I noticed that "chicken salad" came up often - I was curious about what it was!

Close to what we do but no sunflower seeds, marshmallows, or cool whip. And to our miracle whip we had just a touch of horseradish sauce.

I also like the idea of bacon and swiss on top, LOL. As stated, chicken salad is very very versatile and limited mostly to your imagination...
The cool whip lightens the dressing... The marshmallows are an option..kids like it that way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom