Citrus and tomato?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
I have roma tomatos and tangerines, would this make an ok mix salad to go with a very heavy creamy pork chop caserole with rice dish?

any idea on dressing? I like Balsamic vinegar on citrius often. but with tomatos or cucumbres? I don't know. I'm out of lettuce.

Thanks, Eric Austin Tx.

I don't see why not. I'd eat it! Do you have blue cheese crumbles? Maybe marinate the Romas in a bit of balsamic.

Last edited:
Hi, Eric. I wouldn't mix tomatoes and tangerines together, but maybe that's just me.

I think I would chop the tomatoes and cucumber, mix them together and call that a salad, and then have the tangerine on the side.

I know nothing but the taste buds in my mind tell me that it's not a good idea. You'll never know for sure until you try it.

Yes. Try one Roma and half a tangerine. It really doesn't sound too bad to me, but I'm strange.

I have Trader Joe's citrus vinegar to use on salad and it's fine. I've seen salads with lettuce and oranges in them. Try a small taste and see if you like it.

The combo sounds like it'll need something basic like goat cheese to offset the tanginess.

Every time I've gone to a salad bar they always have some small peeled orange slices to add to the salad, which I've done many times. I think it pairs well.

Back
Top Bottom