Cobb Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CookLikeJulia

Senior Cook
Try adding Roquefort cheese or any cheese of your choice to the toppings of this popular salad. Use twice the amount of prepared mustard if you don’t have dry mustard readily available in your pantry.

Serves 4
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes

For the dressing
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon coarse salt
black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 to 1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

For the salad
1 head lettuce, chopped
1 bunch arugula, chopped
2 heads romaine hearts, chopped
1 cup shredded carrots
4 strips bacon, diced, cooked until crisp and drained
1 chicken breast, grilled or poached and cut into small cubes or shredded
1/3 cup olives, sliced
2 medium tomatoes peeled and diced
3 eggs, hardboiled, peeled and chopped
2 tablespoons chopped chives

1 Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing in a non-reactive bowl.
2 Mix the chopped greens together and place at the bottom of a large serving dish. Arrange carrots, bacon, chicken breast, olives, tomatoes, eggs, and chives in columns.
3 Serve with dressing on the side.

Thank you, Julia...I love cobb salad. I first experienced it at the Brown Derby Restaurant but it was different there than anywhere else I ever ordered it. They chopped ALL ingredients in very small pieces. You also mentioned "chopped" and "diced"...just how I like it.

I love Cobb salads. I don't know if they still do it, but there was a Brown Derby at EPCOT in Florida that did it.

My favorite, though, was one at a restaurant called Monterrey Bay Cannery in Pearl City, Hawaii. Yes, it was part of a chain, and I have no idea if they still exist. But it was one of those places that was great for office parties, and they did what they called the crab cobb. Pretty much the same, except crab meat instead of chicken. There was just something about crab, blue cheese, and bacon .... I just loved it. At that point in my life, I really wasn't into blue cheese, and this introduced me to a life-time love.

You're welcome, I love it too!

I would love to try their Cobb salad, I was wondering if they have one here in Salt Lake as I have moved to Salt Lake a month ago...

not cobb salad but some of the components made a tasty salad for my dinner. had butter lettuce ( this is the only lettuce i buy anymore) it stays fresh for a long time since it is growing ( in it's plastic bubble) sliced hard boiled egg, very thin sliced chicken, artichoke hearts, small sprinkle Monterey jack cheese, i used mayo for a dressing. it was super yummy and i am full to the brim.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom