Cobb Salad for a hot night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QSis

Washing Up
Lee's version of Cobb Salad for a hot summer night

For two salad platters:

Bed of lettuce
1 1/2 chicken breasts, grilled
2 hard boiled eggs
6 green onions
3-4 slices cooked bacon
8 cherry tomatoes
2 handfulls of any kind of cheese you have
a dozen or so black olives
half an avocado

Cut the stuff in bite-sized pieces and arrange the items in stripes on the bed of lettuce

Drizzle with your favorite dressing.

(Mine is going to have chunky bleu cheese dressing) :)

Lee

Looks great This salad nut thanks you for another idea.

kadesma:)

Those are great looking, Lee. I didn't make it to my salad tonight, but it will keep til tomorrow. So why do they call it a cobb salad?

Your salad looks terrific. It has been my favorite salad for years until one day I saw the calorie count. Want to know what it is? No, I didn't think so. :LOL:

That salad looks great. Thanks for posting just in time for the coming heat wave here. I see my future dinner!

Your salad looks terrific. It has been my favorite salad for years until one day I saw the calorie count. Want to know what it is? No, I didn't think so.

Well, here's what I came up with, per salad:

6 black olives - 50 calories
1/4 avocado - 69
1 hb egg - 78
1.5 strips baked bacon - 68
3/4 grilled chicken breast - 100
1/4 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese - 45
2 T creamy blue cheese dressing - 160

Total: 570 calories

I didn't count any calories for the veggies. I know my dressing was a killer, but I love it and it's worth it to me! You can knock that way down by using a low-cal dressing.

I don't think 570 calories is out of line for a whole dinner, though. And, with a couple of exceptions, they are "good calories".

What is your calorie count, DQ?

Lee

Well, here's what I came up with, per salad:

6 black olives - 50 calories
1/4 avocado - 69
1 hb egg - 78
1.5 strips baked bacon - 68
3/4 grilled chicken breast - 100
1/4 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese - 45
2 T creamy blue cheese dressing - 160

Total: 570 calories

I didn't count any calories for the veggies. I know my dressing was a killer, but I love it and it's worth it to me! You can knock that way down by using a low-cal dressing.

I don't think 570 calories is out of line for a whole dinner, though. And, with a couple of exceptions, they are "good calories".

What is your calorie count, DQ?

Lee

My count comes up a lot higher because I don't use the low calorie version and I don't think most other people do either. One fourth of an avocado is not enough. I use half, plus 2 slices of bacon, 1/3 cup full milk chedder cheese, tomatoes, 8 black kalamata olives,1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese, and a couple of other ingredients including the lettuces. There is no way on this green earth that I'm going to get by with 2 Tbsp. blue cheese dressing. That size salad requires at least 4 Tbsp. minimum. I come up with a total of 850 give or take a few. The fat content is usually about 45 g. I think that's a lot of fat and calories for one meal. My daily fat content is no more than 30 grams for the day. Cobb salad has more than I want to tackle even though this is probably the best salad you can eat. Heck if you're going to eat Cobb salad, go all the way.
Order this in a restuarant as a meal sized salad and you can add another 200 calories. The portion is HUGE!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom