"Company's Coming" Macaroni salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
"Company's Coming" Macaroni Salad
4 c. cooked elbow macaroni
1 1/2 c. cooked peas
1 sm. onion, diced
4 hard boiled eggs, cubed
2 Hard boiled eggs, Sliced (for decoration)
1/2 c. finely chopped green pepper
1 1/2 c. mild cheddar cheese, shredded
1 1/2 c. deli ham, small dice
1/4 c. pickle relish (or sub. 3 TBL. yellow mustard)
1/2 tsp. Black pepper
combine all ingredients and mix gently till everything is blended.
Add 1 1/2 - 2 c. Hellman's mayo (do not use salad dressing) and mix gently till all is coated.
Decorate with Egg Slices and
Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving

Enlarge this image
img_1100959_0_a6ce4e84528f047249a38954825e241b.jpg

With Egg..........
Enlarge this image
img_1100959_1_a04ed578bea5291249b3dcc13800800c.jpg

Without Egg.....

img_1100959_2_c4761b4bd0135e23466fa54186d56577.jpg

Last edited:
Aren't petite pois and frozen peas the same thing? When my parents lived in Canada, and of course, didn't speak French, the joke was Petty paws when my mom bought petite pois....

CWS4322 said:
Aren't petite pois and frozen peas the same thing? When my parents lived in Canada, and of course, didn't speak French, the joke was Petty paws when my mom bought petite pois....

:LOL: Baby peas, CWS. I love the frozen petite pois, but the regular full grown frozen peas are too starchy for me and have a totally different texture.

:LOL: Baby peas, CWS. I love the frozen petite pois, but the regular full grown frozen peas are too starchy for me and have a totally different texture.
Yup, feel the same way! I always buy the petite pois and my hubby always buys the regular ones. Even organic peas are not the same as the babies.

They are frozen, but they taste like fresh when steamed. I find such a difference between the frozen peas and the frozen petite pois/baby peas!

I don't think I have ever seen frozen petits pois. I'll have to look for them. I have seen the canned ones, but I don't eat khaki coloured peas. ;)

They are frozen, but they taste like fresh when steamed. I find such a difference between the frozen peas and the frozen petite pois/baby peas!

So do I. I can't digest the skins on regular size peas. No problem with petite. :yum:

I don't think I have ever seen Birdseye in Canada. I just googled and got stuff about birds and eyes and food for birds.
TL, Green Giant has them as do the house brands "Western Family" (I use and love them!) and "President's Choice". They are usually right beside the regular frozen peas and you have to be careful.

TL, Green Giant has them as do the house brands "Western Family" (I use and love them!) and "President's Choice". They are usually right beside the regular frozen peas and you have to be careful.

Thanks LP. I'll look for President's Choice first, then Green Giant. I don't think we get Western Family here in the East. :rolleyes:

Thanks LP. I'll look for President's Choice first, then Green Giant. I don't think we get Western Family here in the East. :rolleyes:
Western Family I just realized is a BC/Alberta Brand sold in Price Smart, Save-On Foods, Super Value and Overwaitea (all owned by the Jim Pattison Group).

I know Safeway have them too but rarely go there. I happen to like the store brands better than Green Giant, and they are cheaper - go figure!

Sometimes we Americans forget that Canada is not a part of the United States. They make their own products, and don't always import ours. And sometimes their products are superior to ours. :)

We have Western Family around here, too. It's not that I forget Canadians might not be able to get some brands, I just don't know what brands they do have. I named the Brand I bought.

As for Clarence Birdseye, since he was the one that really got the whole freezing thing down for retail, you would figure his products would be widely recognized.

Back
Top Bottom