Corn & potato salad...what dressing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chefjt

Assistant Cook
I'm in the process of creating a new salad to accompany my tex-mex grilled chicken. The recipe includes corn, small red potatoes (quartered), scallions, diced plum tomotoes, diced monterey jack cheese, diced green peppers, sliced black olives and cilantro. I cant decide if I should choose a light creamy dressing similar to a cole slaw dressing, or would a lime vinegrette work better?

chefjt said:
I'm in the process of creating a new salad to accompany my tex-mex grilled chicken. The recipe includes corn, small red potatoes (quartered), scallions, diced plum tomotoes, diced monterey jack cheese, diced green peppers, sliced black olives and cilantro. I cant decide if I should choose a light creamy dressing similar to a cole slaw dressing, or would a lime vinegrette work better?

I'd do the lime vinaigrette myself, and add in maybe some pasilla chile powder or something like that.

I'd like the vinaigrette, as well, but if you're adding chiles, at this time of year I'd go for some finely chopped fresh ones! :chef:

I'd say with all those colors, you wouldn't want to cover them in a creamy sauce. Rather, let the vinaigrette enhance them!

Back
Top Bottom