Crab,shrimp,rice salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
My girls love this salad and have finally learned to make it themselves:LOL:

1-sm. onion, finely chopped
3-hard cooked eggs, chopped
1-c. baby shrimp,cooked
1-c. crab meat
1/2-c. chopped celery
1-can water chestnuts, chopped
1/2-c. golden raisins or less as prefered
1/2-c. chopped macadamia, walnuts or pecans, you choose
1-c. mayo
2-c/ cooked rice, chilled
lemon mustard honey dressing
lettuce leaves I like to use either shredded iceberg or butter lettuce cups
sliced nuts as garnish
combine onions,eggs, shrimp,crab,celery,nuts,raisins, and mayonaise, I sometimes use a little more than called for, depends on how moist I want the mix to be,after mixing chill several hours. Toss rice with the dressing and set aside. To serve: Place mound of rice on your lettuce either the shredded or the cup, make a well in the rice and fill with the seafood mixture, garnish with chopped nuts.

Lemon mustard dressing
1-c. evoo
1/4-c. lemon juice
1/4 t. salt
1-t. Worcestershire sauce
1-1/2-t. Dijon
1-1/2-t. honey
white pepper if desired
combine all ingredients in blender or a jar with lid then shake or blend well. covered it will keep in refrigerator about 2 weeks
I never use all this dressing on the slald, my girls tho usually will add some to their own salads they like it more sloppy!!!!
enjoy,
kadesma:)

Last edited:
Barbara L said:
This looks interesting Kadesma. I'll bet a lot of people around here would like it.

:) Barbara
Hi Barb:)
It's a nice salad, I just had to get past the hard cooked eggs. While I love deviled eggs or plain egg salad, I don't care for the egg chopped up in tuna and that is what my grandma use to give me for lunch at least twice a week YUK but once I tried it this wasy ( the salad) I really love it. Hi to James for me:)

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom