Cucumber Mousse Rec.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Since we all have such wonderful veggies available to us either from our gardens or a great country roadside stand,farmers markets, I decided this had to be done again. Our first time making it, it went so fast I only got a small portion, but loved it.
Dice a cucumber,salt, put onto a plate then weigh it down with another plate or a pot for 30 min.Mix about 6oz. of cream cheese,1 tsp. of onion and season with salt and crushed pepper. Dissolve 1/2oz of gelatine in 1/4 pt. hot water, over a pot of hot water and then stir in the cheese and onion mix.Drain the cucumber and mix with 2 Tab white wine and add 1 Tab. sugar, and a pinch of mace.Fold the cucumber into the cheese and spoon into a greased mould and chill..Unmold when set, onto some type of pretty lettuce and fill the center of the mousse with large shrimp. Serve with scones, pancetta biscuits,fancy crackers, your choice, a cool drink or prosecco and enjoy. This was used as a lunch for my girls and several friends. I had doubled this recipe, this one is just for 4
kadesma

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom