Dandelion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justplainbill

Executive Chef
A cursory search of this forum shows at least three pages of threads which include a reference to dandelion. I though it might be nice to establish a thread where members could share their thoughts about the usefulness of this much maligned species / cultivar. IMHO lotsa people who detest this lowly plant might change their minds if they fell on the hard times that they might deserve!

If it grew in my garden I might cultivate it. When it grows in my lawn I will do far more than malign it. :LOL:

Similar to snails and escargot.

I buy dandelion at the grocery store..I've loved it as salad since I was a small girl..Slice it and mix with sliced red onion strips,chopped hard cooked eggs, salt,pepper, evoo,red wine vinegar (home made if possible) a hunk of Italian or French bread with butter...lunch or dinner on a hot day with ice tea or coffee...heaven:cool:

i love dandelion greens in salad. when i was a kid my mom would sometimes pick the leaves out of the yard (we didn't have much money at the time), washed well nothing wrong with them. she also picked the wild green onions from the yard. when i got older she would buy the larger leaves in the supermarket and add them to salads, cooked with chard, and sometimes she would cook them with celery leaves. i love the tartness they bring to a salad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom