Egg Free Mayonnaise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powerplantop

Executive Chef
INGREDIENTS
3/4 cup oil Your favorite neutral flavored oil
1/4 cup Aquafaba Liquid from cooking chickpeas
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice Or vinegar
Vegan Mayo
INSTRUCTIONS
Add all ingredients into a tall container
Use an immersion blender and blend until everything comes together.
Place into the refrigerator for 1 hour.

Simple Vegan / Egg Free Mayo

Thanks, this is interesting.

Can I use the liquid from canned chickpeas or is their some magic involved in starting with dried beans.

Look forward to seeing more great tips and recipes on your new site!

Thanks, this is interesting.

Can I use the liquid from canned chickpeas or is their some magic involved in starting with dried beans.

Look forward to seeing more great tips and recipes on your new site!

It will work with the liquid from canned ones. But I prefer to cook my own.

If its to thin for you you can blend in a chickpea or two.

Thanks!

I think I will give it a try as a sort of Aioli salad dressing with lots of garlic and a squirt of lemon or lime juice.

Yes, this sounds quite interesting. Shall give it a shot. Need to go get chickpeas to soak over night ..

Thanks for posting .. Have a nice day ..

This is great. TB doesn't like the bought egg/soy free mayos and he was able to go a short time with real mayo but was reacting again. I will try this next time I cook some chickpeas for me which will probably be this week!

Thanks!

Sounds worth trying. Sometimes, even if you eat eggs, you don't want to eat them raw. Printed out the recipe from Powerplantop's web link.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing

Your very welcome.

Sounds worth trying. Sometimes, even if you eat eggs, you don't want to eat them raw. Printed out the recipe from Powerplantop's web link.

Being able to printout recipes and nutrition info were some of the main things I wanted for my website. Hopefully soon work load will allow me to get back to creating / posting more recipes.

Being able to printout recipes and nutrition info were some of the main things I wanted for my website. Hopefully soon work load will allow me to get back to creating / posting more recipes.
Being able to print a printer friendly version was handy. When I say I printed it, I mean that I printed it as a PDF. I have a PDF printer set up as my default printer. The recipe is now stored on my 'puter and I can make a dead tree version if I want one.

INGREDIENTS
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
Vegan Mayo
INSTRUCTIONS

I've made a note of this for the next time my vegan friends come to stay. My sampling of the stuff that comes in jars put me off for life but there's nothing in this recipe that I don't like.

INGREDIENTS
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
Vegan Mayo
INSTRUCTIONS

I’m not being intentionally snide or ironic, but wouldn’t a recipe for eggless mayo that includes eggless mayo be more of an enhancement or a “hack” than a recipe for eggless mayo?

I’m not being intentionally snide or ironic, but wouldn’t a recipe for eggless mayo that includes eggless mayo be more of an enhancement or a “hack” than a recipe for eggless mayo?
Did you misunderstand the recipe? The last item on the ingredient list is "1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice Or vinegar", not "Vegan Mayo". It would have been more clear with a line or a blank line between them. "Vegan Mayo" is the header for the instructions.

1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
~~~~~~~~~~~
Vegan Mayo
INSTRUCTIONS
Add all ingredients into a tall container ...

Did you misunderstand the recipe? The last item on the ingredient list is "1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice Or vinegar", not "Vegan Mayo". It would have been more clear with a line or a blank line between them. "Vegan Mayo" is the header for the instructions.

1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
~~~~~~~~~~~
Vegan Mayo
INSTRUCTIONS
Add all ingredients into a tall container ...

If the recipe is for vegan mayo, why does the instruction section need a header saying that? It does make it confusing.

If the recipe is for vegan mayo, why does the instruction section need a header saying that? It does make it confusing.
I agree, it's confusing. I'm guessing it was a copy & paste from the recipe on PPO's website and it just turned out unfortunate.

Back
Top Bottom