Favorite EV olive oil?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
STAR EV Olive Oil

I use STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil. They use high quality extra virgin olive oils from Greece, Spain, Italy, and Tunisia. :chef:

I have been abbreviating Extra Virgin Olive Oil as EVOO on my recipe cards for many years. Its really good for health.

For every-day cooking I like a Greek olive oil. You have to understand, I live in a town of 3500; most of you live in areas where that is probably your local school's population. my second choice is Pompeii from Wal-Mart.

I've been using Berio's Extra-Virgin Olive Oil for nearly all my cooking for, God, about 12 years now. Buy it at CostCo by the gallon.

Not only has excellent fragrance & flavor for raw use, but also has a relatively decent smoking point for cooking. I adore it, & rarely cook with anything else. Always have 2 gallons on hand.

I love the olive oil from Queen Creek, AZ. We also have a local guy that has a family farm in Crete; he sells his olive oil here (Vlastos).

We have a local Italian importer here called Capri Flavors. The owner, and elderly lady named Titina runs the place with her children. She does cooking classes in their small retail store. She has some products branded with her name, that she selects herself on frequent trips to Italy. I have found these products to be excellent. She has her own brand of DOP San Marzano tomatoes, that I paid $2.50 a can for the last time I was in there, great price compared to the grocery stores. She also has an extra virgin olive oil that I absolutely love, very fruity and soft, and around $10-12 per liter, a great price.
titinas_extra_virgin_olive_oil.jpg

We have a local Italian importer here called Capri Flavors. The owner, and elderly lady named Titina runs the place with her children. She does cooking classes in their small retail store. She has some products branded with her name, that she selects herself on frequent trips to Italy. I have found these products to be excellent. She has her own brand of DOP San Marzano tomatoes, that I paid $2.50 a can for the last time I was in there, great price compared to the grocery stores. She also has an extra virgin olive oil that I absolutely love, very fruity and soft, and around $10-12 per liter, a great price.
titinas_extra_virgin_olive_oil.jpg
Googled their site. That store looks like a must visit to me. I am in Raleigh every so often. Will stop, Thanks for the tip

Googled their site. That store looks like a must visit to me. I am in Raleigh every so often. Will stop, Thanks for the tip

It is very easy to get to from I-40 via aviation parkway. She has nice cheeses at great prices too. If you like cannoli, she sells the cream and shells that are very tasty.

Sciabica's

Have bought all of my olive oil from Sciabica's in Modesto, CA. Check out their website. Delicious and ranging from assertive to buttery. And they have flavored oils that use chilis, lemon, orange, basil, lavender, etc that are made using crushed herbs/etc right along with the crushed olives.

Not really sure now as they just opened an olive oil company not to far from me... My friend and I went in while we were at a memorial day parade, but tasting was not a good idea then since we both had a mega large beer, and I believe that would have changed the flavor of the oil drastically... I'm going to go again next week for a tasting as they have different vinegars also...

That being said when I know you will know... :):):)

For general cooking, I usually buy Colavita. But my absolute favorite oil is a garlic-infused olive oil from The Oilerie. They have a few store locations around the US but I believe they also have a website where you can order online.

And they also have a 25-year aged balsamic vinegar that is to die for. Seriously - I could drink that stuff by the spoonful.

Cretan Mythos is an incredibly flavorful extra virgin olive oil from Crete, Greece. I highly recommend it, if you can find it. I've been trying other brands and I'm quite disappointed so far. By the way, is it ok to mix different brands? For example if I don't like one particular brand, can I mix it with the delicious Cretan Mythos?

Why would you add something you don't like to something you do? I think it would be disappointing, bringing "down" the flavor you like.

If I were you, I would save the brands you're trying that aren't meeting your ultimate flavor needs for cooking where the particular olive-oil flavor you most enjoy isn't a priority. I don't think I'd bother cutting them with your "good stuff" unless you're using so much of it that it's absolutely necessary.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom