First crack at kimchi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The kimchi turned out fantastic. I wonder how I lived this long without it (I've made it a few times now, but only within the last 1-2 years). If you haven't tried kimchi--you need to try it at least once (after that, I think you'll be hooked).

Great to hear it turned out well CWS :)

I'm going to try canning a small batch of Kimchi this week. The cabbage are doing well in the garden. If I can get the 60+ ears of corn in the freezer, plus the 25 lb of pole beans, and the 16 qts of pickles put up, I should have time to do some Kimchi before I have to go back to the farm and pick more beans, corn, and zucchini...wish the tomatoes would ripen--maybe the warm weather this week will help...I just haven't figured out what to do with all the zucchini...chicken feed? No, I don't do zucchini bread, cake, or muffins.

Last edited:
Well, the Kimchi is fermenting. I rather doubt it will make it into canning jars (not a large enough batch and I have to sample it daily). It is tasting darned good. Love Kimchi.

My kimchi has yet to make it to the canner. I made another batch yesterday. It is fermenting and tastes darned good. I added a little anchovie paste this time and more liquid. It was a bit drier than I like (the last batch). I really like to peel and seed a cucumber and use the cucumber as the "delivery device" for the kimchi (pack the kimchi in the "boat").

Back
Top Bottom