Frosted cantaloupe salad. rec:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
grumblebee said:
Just wanted to let you guys know that I made this on Saturday and it was a hit.... very fresh and tasty.

I made it with a honey cream cheese dipping sauce for the side instead of the sesame dressing. Next time we'll try it with the sesame dressing.
Thanks for letting us know Grumblebee, Your honey cream dipping sauce sounds so good. would you give me an idea of the amounts you used, I'd like to try it. I think my guys would love something new.

kadesma:)

kadesma said:
It is nice and I enjoy it, but, I'm partial to melons of all kinds. Now the lemon poppy seed dressing sounds great for this recipe, got one to share? I've never made it, and would like to try it.

Yes CJ!! This is really tasty for just about any kind of fresh fruit based salad, or macedonia, and it is my pleasure to share it with you!! (the amount of each ingredients are very approx... play around with them a bit!!)

200ml/6,5oz of sour cream
50ml/3tbsp EVOO or more to get the preferred consistency
juice of 1/2 lemon, or more if preferred
some finely grated lemon zest
1tbsp of black poppy seed
30ml, or 2tbsp of honey
(optional) a drop or two of very good quality balsamic vinegar
salt to taste.

in a blender or mixer, blend sour cream, lemon and honey. Gradually add the Evoo to get the dressing to the consistency you like. add the poppy seed, vinegar and salt to taste. Give another light spin to even the things out.
Enjoy with your favourite fruit salad!!

urmaniac13 said:
Yes CJ!! This is really tasty for just about any kind of fresh fruit based salad, or macedonia, and it is my pleasure to share it with you!! (the amount of each ingredients are very approx... play around with them a bit!!)

200ml/6,5oz of sour cream
50ml/3tbsp EVOO or more to get the preferred consistency
juice of 1/2 lemon, or more if preferred
some finely grated lemon zest
1tbsp of black poppy seed
30ml, or 2tbsp of honey
(optional) a drop or two of very good quality balsamic vinegar
salt to taste.

in a blender or mixer, blend sour cream, lemon and honey. Gradually add the Evoo to get the dressing to the consistency you like. add the poppy seed, vinegar and salt to taste. Give another light spin to even the things out.
Enjoy with your favourite fruit salad!!
Thanks Licia,
We're grilling some baby backs next sunday andthe kids wanted the frosted melon salad..I'm going to use your recipe, it lookd so good. Thanks:)
kadesma

kadesma said:
Thanks for letting us know Grumblebee, Your honey cream dipping sauce sounds so good. would you give me an idea of the amounts you used, I'd like to try it. I think my guys would love something new.

I just took a block of softened plain cream cheese, whipped it with 2-3 tbsp of milk, and drizzled in some honey until it was as sweet as I wanted it. (not too sweet though because of the natural sweetness of the fruit) I just served it along side the cantelope with a little dish of chopped walnuts for people to sprinkle on top as well. It was yummmmmmy.

Will this be good if I replace the cantalope with that green honey melon thing? I have a lot of it and I don't know what to do with it.

biev said:
Will this be good if I replace the cantalope with that green honey melon thing? I have a lot of it and I don't know what to do with it.
biev,
honeydew, casaba,persian,would be just perfect. This is one recipe we can toss out there to share and will get lots of new ideas for fruits to go in it, dressing or even different melons. Let me know how you like it with the honeydew, if you get a chance.

We have a huge ponderossa (sp?) lemon, you know the ones with lemons as big as a large orange? All I do is peel and eat, just like an orange. :) These are quite tart, but also sweet. I like to make lemonade out of them and not add any sugar.....rest of family gasp when they taste it and run for the sugar. :)

grumblebee said:
I just took a block of softened plain cream cheese, whipped it with 2-3 tbsp of milk, and drizzled in some honey until it was as sweet as I wanted it. (not too sweet though because of the natural sweetness of the fruit) I just served it along side the cantelope with a little dish of chopped walnuts for people to sprinkle on top as well. It was yummmmmmy.
Thanks Grumblebee,
My kids are going to love this:) Me too:LOL:

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom