Frosted melon salad TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
either Cantaloupe,Casaba or Honeydew this perfect for a hot summer evening a nice cold white wine or iced tea some warm French Bread and butter or pancetta biscuites.Serve with a sesame dressing
Beat softened cream cheese 8oz. with 2 tab. milk til smooth. Set aside, Remove the rind from the melon and a little from one end so the melon wil stand, Slice 2 inches from the other end, scoop out seeds. Fill the melon with 1 cup of these fruits chopped bananas,peaches,grapes, strawberris cut into bite sized pieces. Frost the outside with of the melon with cheese mixture. Press 3/4 c coconut into the cheese mix Top with remaining cut up fruit sprinkle with flaked coconut and a few mint leaves and top with sesame dressing
Sesame Dressing
2 tea powdered sugar,1/2 tea paprika,1/2 tea each dry mustard,salt,1/2 c. currant jelly melted,1/4 c.fresh lemon juice, 1 tab cider vinegar,1.cup salad oil 1 tea toasted sesame seeds, combine sugar,paprika,mustard,salt. Stir in jelly lemon and vinegar, Gradually beat in oil add sesame seeds stir well refrigerate
enjoy
kades

Last edited:
OK now THATS cool! Where do you come up with this stuff?

Question: when you say stand the melon up, you mean like a bowl right? I'm just trying to picture it. How do you serve this? Scoop the stuff out and then cut up the melon to add to everything?

OK now THATS cool! Where do you come up with this stuff?

Question: when you say stand the melon up, you mean like a bowl right? I'm just trying to picture it. How do you serve this? Scoop the stuff out and then cut up the melon to add to everything?
yes I stand it up like a bowl, remove a little of the melon and dice it and mix it with babana,and the other diced up fruit.it's really great when it gets nice and cold.I just like to play with my food and that is what I did with this one.
kades

I am having a hard time visualizing this. Can you post a picture please.

I am having a hard time visualizing this. Can you post a picture please.
I don't have any pictures. Next time I make it I'll try to get one of my girls to take a picture.it looks like a melon or football standing on end with cubes of other fruits inside,
kades

I don't have any pictures. Next time I make it I'll try to get one of my girls to take a picture.it looks like a melon or football standing on end with cubes of other fruits inside,
kades

Ok, thank you. Its sounds YUMMY!!

Back
Top Bottom