Fruity Black Rice Salad With Cilantro, Avocado, and Pepitas in Chili-Orange Vinaigrette

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silversage

Head Chef
Fruity Black Rice Salad With Cilantro, Avocado, and Pepitas in Chili-Orange Vinaigrette

This is one of the many recipes I have bookmarked to try later. Well, tonight I got to it and it was fabulous! I had to share.

From Serious Eats: Fruity Black Rice Salad With Cilantro, Avocado, and Pepitas in Chili-Orange Vinaigrette | Serious Eats : Recipes

20140714-Grain-Salads-Black-Rice-Jennifer-Olvera-thumb-625xauto-406968.jpg

I served it with a spicy shrimp, which I cook in a habenero-ginger-garlic-orange oil. But it would be the perfect foil for any dish with a gingery kick. I didn't add the orange pieces, only because after squeezing and zesting my only orange, there wasn't anything left to add. But I didn't really miss it. There was plenty of orange in the dressing.

As a vegetarian option, you could make this the center of a meal.

We really like "Forbidden Rice" (black rice) in the preparations we have tried.:yum: Did you use blood oranges in that preparation?

Actually, the only similar fruit I had on hand was a mineola, so that's what I used. I'd bet that it would be good with a blood orange - or any orange or tangerines.

I have some black rice that needs using up. This looks like a great idea.

I find I'm wasting spending more and more time reading articles on "Serious Eats". Now I'm going to need to start perusing their recipes!

Back
Top Bottom