Green Bean/Haricot Verts Salad - T&T

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*amy*

Washing Up
The topic of green beans has come up, & reminded me of a cold salad that I enjoy. I serve as a main dish with crusty bread, or as a side, i.e. with salmon etc. Amounts are approximate.

Green beans or Haricot Verts
Marinated artichoke hearts
Cherry tomatoes, halved (or your choice - sliced plum, romas, or pear)
Mozzarella, thinly sliced (or your choice - feta, bleu, goat etc)
Pine nuts or walnuts (toasted), chopped
Mixed greens - optional

Dressing
1 1/2 tbl red wine vinegar
2 tsps Dijon mustard
salt & pepper, to taste
a few tbl evoo

I used (gasp) bottled Italian dressing.

Steam beans in a steamer basket or boil the beans in salted water until crisp-tender. Drain and shock the beans in an ice bath or under cold running water. Pat dry. Plate the green beans, cheese, artichokes & walnuts or pine nuts (over mixed greens if you prefer). Combine dressing ingreds, whisking in the oil until thickened. Drizzle dressing over salad.

Other add-in options - sliced mushrooms, prosciutto - whatever you like.

Another Idea

Another way I like to change the salad out a bit, is adding steamed/boiled little red potatoes. Enjoy!

That sounds very tasty. I just bought a 32 oz jar of marinated artichoke hearts at Sams. The brand (Cara Mia, I think) has such a tasty marinade that it doubles as a salad dressing.

That sounds very tasty. I just bought a 32 oz jar of marinated artichoke hearts at Sams. The brand (Cara Mia, I think) has such a tasty marinade that it doubles as a salad dressing.

Think I may have heard of that brand. Love (marinated) artichoke hearts. (Note to self: find a Sam's, pronto, lol).

If you need a way to use 'em up ;), you might like my Monster Muenster Tuna Melt:

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f23/monster-muenster-tuna-melt-tnt-42765.html#post544788

I also add (unmarinated artichoke hearts - chopped) into mashed taters. Hope you enjoy the recipe.

Back
Top Bottom