Green Goddess Dressing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Green Goddess Dressing

1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives - chopped
1/4 cup minced green onions with tops
2 tablespoons lemon juice or wine vinegar
4 anchovy fillets, minced
1/2 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
1 dash ground pepper

In food processor bowl; add all ingredients and process till well chopped and combined. Cover and chill if not using immediately.

Green Goddess Dressing

1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 clove garlic, minced
1 dash ground pepper

In food processor bowl; add all ingredients and process till well chopped and combined. Cover and chill if not using immediately.

I'm making this tomorrow, with buttermilk instead of sour cream because it's what I have in the house.
I just need to sneak out to the onions and get some green onion tops. OH I love this dressing!

Ooh, love Green Goddess dressing! How'd I miss this?

Thanks MsM!

Ooh, love Green Goddess dressing! How'd I miss this?

Thanks MsM!

I always feel like more of a goddess when I dip my cucumber slices in this dressing. :LOL:
I'm not telling 'you know who', it has anchovies in it. He'll never know.

Thanks! I don't make creamy dressings often, but Green Goddess was one of my favs when my parents owned a restaurant. I will use buttermilk instead of sour cream as well (and homemade mayo)!

You're welcome everyone.

I use buttermilk for my homemade ranch dressing. I will have to try buttermilk or 1/2 sour cream and 1/2 buttermilk next time.

hey, you snuck one past us in '09, mofet.

belated thanks. copied and saved for a future attempt. this sounds so good.

Buon Giorno,

Thanks for posting this 1920s San Francisco salad dressing recipe, which is named after a show called The Green Goddess, which starred a British Actor, George Arliss. The Chef, Philipp Roemer of the Palace Hotel´s Restaurant Maxfield´s was the creator of the original recipe.

I have to use Greek Sour Natural Yogurt, as we do not have sour cream here, and I make my own Mayonnaise as I am allergic to bottled.

I like anchovy, celery, radishes and of course tarragon, chive and parsley in mine.

Love it, I usually prepare it for a dip with freshly caught shrimps from the Adriatic and squid.

Glad you posted it.
Thanks, have nice wkend.
Ciao, Margaux.

A very dear friend of mine gave me this recipe when she gave me the recipe for Funeral Chicken. Mix Green Goddess dressing with a can of jellied cranberry sauce and bake chicken parts in it.

She calls it Funeral Chicken because it is the dish she always makes when she has to take a dish to someone's home after a funeral.

I like to add cream cheese, several other cheeses that melt well and put into San Francisco sour dough brush the outsides with evoo and put into a paninni press and grill also some tarragon the the mix of cheeses is great.
kades

Sounds fabulous, thank you :chef:

Green Goddess Dressing

1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 clove garlic, minced
1 dash ground pepper

I like to add cream cheese, several other cheeses that melt well and put into San Francisco sour dough brush the outsides with evoo and put into a paninni press and grill also some tarragon the the mix of cheeses is great.
kades

I like the sound of this, thanks Kades :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom