"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Salads & Salad Dressings

Old 05-03-2014, 08:30 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Kayelle and Cheryl, I hope you like that dressing. I hope you like garlic, a lot.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:38 AM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
This is Stirling's green goddess variant. It's been tweaked from the green goddess recipe in Joy of Cooking. It's very popular at our dinner parties. Friends have nicknamed it: Garlic Dressing of Doom
I think that would make a great dip, for a barbeque or potluck, with a big vegetable platter!

Old 05-03-2014, 08:54 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I think that would make a great dip, for a barbeque or potluck, with a big vegetable platter!
Yup, we usually make enough for the salad and as dip. Works well with crudités, chips, pita, ...
Old 05-03-2014, 09:03 AM   #14
Senior Cook

Send a message via ICQ to Billdolfski Send a message via AIM to Billdolfski Send a message via MSN to Billdolfski Send a message via Yahoo to Billdolfski
Green Goddess? Pfft. You mean Green Goodness?
Old 05-03-2014, 06:08 PM   #15
Executive Chef

I'd never heard of green goddess dressing before I started watching American cooks on FN and lurking on here. This recipe sounds good but what do you eat it with? Green salad? Chicken salad? What?
Old 05-04-2014, 11:58 AM   #16
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
I'd never heard of green goddess dressing before I started watching American cooks on FN and lurking on here. This recipe sounds good but what do you eat it with? Green salad? Chicken salad? What?
Mostly on green salads. But, if made a bit thicker it's a great dip for crudities.
I think you'll love it.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post
Mostly on green salads. But, if made a bit thicker it's a great dip for crudities.
I think you'll love it.
Thanks Cave. I'll save the recipe

Tags
dressing, recipe

Green Goddess Dressing All of a sudden the memory of Green Goddess Dressing popped into my mind. I hadn't had it for years and on impulse bought a bottle of Green Goddess Dressing. Of course it's 'bottled' so it wasn't as good as one found in a fine restaurant. (And it seems to have gone 'out of favor'-------I rarely, if ever, see it offered in a restaurant.) I found this recipe on line: Green Goddess Dressing Recipe Prep time: 15 minutesYield: Makes about 2 cups. Vary the proportions of the herbs to suit your taste. If you want, add some ripe avocado to the mix. Add to shopping list INGREDIENTS 2 teaspoons anchovy paste or 2-4 canned anchovies 1 small garlic clove, minced 3/4 cup mayonnaise 3/4 cup sour cream 1/2 cup chopped parsley 1/4 cup chopped tarragon 3 Tbsp chopped chives 2 Tbsp lemon juice Salt and black pepper to taste METHOD Put all of the ingredients in the bowl of a blender or food processor and blend or pulse until you get an evenly smooth dressing, about 30-45 seconds. Serve as a dip, or toss with salad greens for a dressing. The dressing should last about a week in the fridge. [url=http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/green_goddess_dressing/]Green Goddess Dressing Recipe | Simply Recipes[/url] Does anyone make a Green Goddess? [B]Is the recipe posted above about 'average'[/B] in it's ingredients? [B]Can it be frozen[/B]? since I wouldn't use it all in a week. The amount of tarragon seems a bit much for I know that fresh tarragon can be a little over-whelming. Maybe dried tarragon, since I can't grow tarragon on my patio. 3 stars 1 reviews