Help!!! Need ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea gave up on salad but he agreed he does need to eat healthier. He still whines but he doesnt make faces lol. and usually I just have to give him "the look" and he stops. My main thing is what veggies go with what? What would be good in spagahitti? I know carrots for pot roasts, would anything be good for a shredded pork roast, you know how you have all that sauce before you shredded it and you put the pork back in. I am making lentil soup once every two weeks and we have that for two nights, I put carrots, celery and tomatoes in it and puree them. Just ideas oh what sauces and veggie go together.

Spaghetti sauce (or any tomato sauce) is good with shredded carrots, celery, peppers, onion, mushrooms, basil. Meatloaf, with all the previous. Egg dishes with same.

Last edited:
Spaghetti Sauce: puree or grate zucchini, spinach and cook it into the sauce. Does he like green peppers and onions? Those go in too, if it's a veg he likes, put in extra and leave it in chunks.

Pulled pork: I put in poblano chilies, pureed tomatoes would work. Again, zucchini could even be used. Zucchini has no real flavor of it's own so it's easy to hide it.

I have to think some more on it. So many things can be incorporated into meatloaf and such.

How about a list of veggies he doesn't like and you want to use? It would be easier to come up with ideas for you.

squash, zucchini are the only ones he really really hates. I am trying to use more brocoli, carrots, celery. I only learned to start cooking when I moved in with him so my cooking with veggies is very limited. So I am open to ideas of new veggies to try and mix into our diet.

lol, for a second there i thought we'd merged the hiding veggies for toddlers thread.

seriously.

meghan, you can steam then puree lots of veggies to incorporate into sauces that go on meats and spuds.

baby food to some, haute cuisine to others.

Actually, baby food isn't such a bad idea for a mix in. It's already steamed and pureed....

Pureed veggies can be used as a thickener for gravy or in soups. You can also hide veggies in hash. Mashed up and mixed in with the meat. :angel:

You can add pureed zucchini or squash to the cheese sauce for mac 'n cheese. I do this often with all sorts of veg. You hardly taste the veggies. I also add mashed veggies to my potato topping for cottage pie, add grated carrots, zucchini, celery and onion to meatballs or meatloaf.
Pureed veggies are great in savoury muffins, pancakes and breads etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom