Homemade Caesar salad dressing help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
can I make a homemade ceasar salad dressing recipe a few days before I'm going to mix it with the romaine leaves, croutons and parmasean cheese?

I didn't think there would be a problem with it, but since I never made it homemade I thought I'd check opinions. Thanks

I've done it many times with no ill effects. My recipe is posted below. Our daughter, who HATES anchovies loves my Caesar dressing. Says it's the best. Enjoy!

KATIE’S
CAESAR SALAD

(Serves 4)​
2 cloves garlic, crushed
¾ cup olive oil
2 cups stale French bread, cubed
3 qts. romaine, torn into bite-sized pieces
½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp. salt
2 eggs, cooked 1 min in boiling water*
Juice of 2 lemons
1 can anchovies, diced or 1 Tbsp. anchovy paste
½ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated

Add garlic to the oil and let stand several hours or microwave on HIGH for 25 seconds. Remove garlic. Heat ¼ cup of the garlic olive oil in a small skillet and sauté croutons until browned on all sides. Set aside.

In a blender jar combine the remaining oil, pepper, salt, eggs, lemon juice, and anchovies or anchovy paste. Blend on HIGH speed until thoroughly blended. Cover and refrigerate until completely chilled.

At the table or just before serving, place romaine in salad bowl and pour chilled salad dressing over and toss to coat well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toss lightly. Add croutons and serve.

* To “coddle” the eggs, have the water at a rolling boil before adding the eggs, which should have been left to come to room temperature to prevent cracking. Lower them into the water using a strainer or slotted spoon. Keep them in the strainer or spoon and time for 1 minute. Remove and plunge into a bowl of water and ice cubes.

Back
Top Bottom