"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Salads & Salad Dressings

Old 08-08-2015, 09:52 AM   #31
Senior Cook

Just curious.
You quoted someone on this forum as posting: "turned anyone off from the classic Caesar salad"..
Who put that up?

Old 08-08-2015, 10:45 AM   #32
Cook

Hey Puffin, I'm not here to be in a urinating match with you; so I'd like to move on to learning and sharing. I'm sure you are very good at what you do and I can learn a lot from you.

Mine was a reference quote, referring to your first comment back on page 2 of this thread. You basically poo-pooed anyone using paste for Caesar Salad. I get that this is your POV, but I am apparently unrefined of palette enough to not know this, along with everyone I have fed my food to.

Your adamant comments have in fact gotten me to follow your input and as you can see I have already begun my research in to this as a result. So thank you for the inspiration

Being a reference quote and not a direct quote is why I used only quotation marks. But here is the part of your comment I was alluding to in full proper quote format:
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffin3 View Post
There is no faster way to turn someone off a classic Caesar salad then to use anchovy paste. Just don't bother making the salad.
It's possible you may feel I haven't turned anyone off the the classic Caesar Salad because if I use paste, you would not consider it classic? At any rate, I have used both, and the dressings have all been very good albeit maybe not "technically correct" to the trained chef.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:18 AM   #33
Senior Cook

Quotation vs Reference Citation? ยป Student Learning and Support
Last post on this thread.

Tags
None