Buon Giorno, Ladies & Gents,
Does anyone Waldorf ? Is your take on The Waldorf Salad classic and/or
trendy with modern touches ? Would enjoy hearing your feedback.
Here is my Waldorf ...
Waldorf chicken breast salad ...
4 Cups of half inch cubed chicken breast sautéed in Evoo until golden and drained on paper towelling ...
1 Cup diced, peeled and cored Granny Smith Apple
1 1/2 cups Red or Black Grapes ( we do not have seedless grapes in Mediterranean )
1 cup diced celery
1/2 cup finely chopped spring onion or magenta red onion
1/2 cup walnuts
5 ounces of Mixed Lettuces of Individualised Choice Selection
1 Cup fresh Pineapple Juice made in a juicer or blender
1 Cup unfiltered organic Apple Juice
1 tablespoon Orange or Eucalyptus Honey
2 tablespoons of Dijon whole grain mustard
1/2 Cup Evoo
1/2 tsp. Tumeric spice
Salt and Freshly ground black pepper
1) combine apple and pineapple juices in heavy medium saucepan
2) boil until the mixture coats the back of a spoon and is reduced to two thirds cup; 10 minutes.
3) completely cool
4) WHISK the honey, Dijon and tumeric in medium bowl
5) very gradually, drizzle the cooled juice mixture and then the Evoo
1) mix the first 6 ingredients in large bowl
2) add dressing and toss to coat
3) garnish with croutons if you wish for crunch
4) serve with sparkling rosé or Lambrusco or Prosecco white sparkling wine or Sparkling Water with Lime and crusty warm Italian or French style baguette ... Enjoy ...
Ciao. Have nice Wednesday.