ISO - Creamy Garlic Salad Dressing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

velochic

Sous Chef
Our favorite French restaurant has succumbed to the economy. :cry:

The chef made a really delicious salad that will probably be the thing I miss most. It was just a wedge of iceberg lettuce, topped with a bit of bacon, candied pecans, gorgonzola and this wonderfully flavorful creamy garlic house dressing.

I have searched everywhere, but none of the recipes *sound* right to me. I'm sure it was mayonnaise-based and it also had some nice herbs in it. I could spend a tidy little sum in ingredients and probably figure it out myself, but I thought I'd first ask here and see if anyone has a favorite that might be different from all the rest out there. Thanks!

I don't know what you have looked at that don't 'sound' right, but here is mine:

Creamy Garlic Dressing

1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 garlic cloves -- minced (1 to 2)
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup mayonnaise -- or salad dressing
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, water, onion and garlic; simmer until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Add sugar; simmer until dissolved. Cool to room temperature. Stir in mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and pepper.

I think you need to actually make one and then tweak it to your satisfaction. Looks can be deceiving.

I never returned to thank you McNerd. That is similar to what I've found elsewhere. I'm now wondering if it is just cream and not mayonnaise based. I will spend some of my winter days experimenting, I guess. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom