ISO kansasgirl's salad dressing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
I have searched for the Basil Tomato Salad Dressing that Norgeskog loves and can't find it. Please, someone, post it for me.

kansasgirl said:
This is one that I use. I love it one salads and over roasted vegetables. I have not had Marie's so I do not know if it is close.

Tomato Basil Dressing
1 medium tomato
1/4 c fresh basil leaves
4 tb mild vinegar (I like champagne or rice wine)
1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste

1.Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until creamy. Adjust flavors if necessary.

Ummmmmmm.....this sounds so good. I only wished I had some fresh tomatoes. I love growing my own herbs so this will def. be one I will try when tomato season hits. I wonder what the tomatoes will be like this year. :?

Thanks you mj for posting this recipe. It looks good and easy. I can never find champagne vinegar but will look again, or try to find the rice wine vinegar.

Thanks again. :)

Hi all - glad you found it! It really is a great dressing. I sometimes sub part of the basil with other herbs (mint, cilantro, parsley) for a different taste.

lyndalou said:
I have searched for the Basil Tomato Salad Dressing that Norgeskog loves and can't find it. Please, someone, post it for me.

I found it under salad dressings I believe, or she may have posted it at my query. Do a search.

EDIT: I did a search and I cannot find it either, where is kansasgirl?

norgeskog said:
lyndalou said:

I found it under salad dressings I believe, or she may have posted it at my query. Do a search.

EDIT: I did a search and I cannot find it either, where is kansasgirl?
look here

Back
Top Bottom