ISO mango salad recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annieoakes47

Assistant Cook
Looking for a good mango salad recipe to serve with ham. Had this when out for supper the other night. Salad had mango, red pepper, red onion and of course a dressing. Thanks!!

Last edited:
I'm not good with exact measurements. But my husband only likes green mango (ditto papaya). So I julienne the fruit, then mix a mild vinegar (rice, cider, or malt come to mind). Mix with a mild sugar (I like honey or brown sugar), but not a lot (remember, I'm using green fruit and mild vinegar). Then some hot pepper to your taste and a pinch of salt. It isn't much, and it is very easy, and will last for days in a covered bowl. It can be served over some lettuce leaves or shredded cabbage, or even added last minute to a stir-fry.

Avacado works well in a mango salad.

For the dressing I would squeeze the mango seeds and skins to get as much juice out of them as possible.Then add some lime or lemon juice
and a little salad oil. Salt and pepper and a little fresh green herb of your liking. I don't really like mint but it probably would go nicely. I would probably use a fresh thyme in mine.

Welcome to DC BTW!

A little diced Jalapeno or red chili would be good too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom