ISO Pasta salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meowmisu

Assistant Cook
Hello
Im looking for an interesting pasta salad- something not creamy- and nothing with meat. Were having people over all weekend and have all sorts of meat marinating so im looking for something to please the herbivores. Any suggestions?
Thanks

thanks! sounds yummy! Would be great with feta instead of provolone, might try that one!

Last edited:
how about penne pasta, artichoke hearts with the liquid added, and both garbanzo and dark red kidney beans, crunchy fresh veggies, and Italian dressing.

of course there's always linguine salad.

Three-Cheese Tortellini Salad (Tried & True)

--SALAD:--

1 (7 oz.) pkg. cheese tortellini
1 c. fresh broccoli flowerets
4 oz. (1 c.) cubed Cheddar cheese
1 c. sliced celery
1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
1 (2 1/4 oz.) can sliced ripe olives,
drained

--PARMESAN DRESSING:--

1/2 c. mayonnaise or salad dressing
1-2 tbsp. milk
1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh marjoram or
1/2 tsp. dried marjoram leaves
3 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. lemon juice

Cook tortellini to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain; rinse with cold water. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes. In large bowl, combine all salad ingredients except tomatoes; toss gently. In small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; blend well. Pour dressing over salad; toss gently. Cover; refrigerate 2-3 hours to blend flavors. Just before serving, add tomatoes; gently toss. Yield: 6 (1 cup) servings.

I know I've posted this before but it's one of my favorites!

Orzo with Spinach and Tomatoes

1 lb spinach, washed, dried, stems removed
1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
2 lemons, zested
1 ½ c orzo, cooked al dente
1 Tbsp olive oil
24 basil leaves, torn or thinly sliced
Salt and pepper

Pile spinach leaves in stacks 1 on top of the other. Thinly slice stacks of leaves to make spinach confetti. Pile shredded spinach into the bottom of a medium sized mixing bowl. Halve grape or cherry tomatoes with a paring knife and add them to the mixing bowl. Add the zest of 2 lemons to the bowl and save the lemons in the refrigerator to juice for another recipe. Add hot cooked and drained orzo pasta to the mixing bowl. The heat of the pasta will wilt the spinach and warm the tomatoes at the bottom of the bowl and get the juices flowing from veggies. The heat of the pasta will also release the flavor and oils in the lemon zest. Drizzle 1 Tbsp olive oil over the pasta and toss to combine the veggies and orzo. Add basil and salt and pepper and toss to combine. Taste your orzo to adjust seasonings and serve.

oooooh- thats the one!!! Spinach and tomatoes sounds great, and I have all the ingredients!!! I think I'll use rotini instead of orzo though. YUM!

Thanks!!

****ok- just made the salad- and used orzo- i added hunks of fresh mozzerella too! YUM!

Last edited:
Hope you like it, meow! I've never used any pasta other than orzo--it actually looks really nice with the tiny pasta against the other shapes and colors--so I'm not sure how a larger pasta will affect the end result. You'll have to let me know. It's always nice to be able to have some variety!

MMMMMMM, so good, the zest gives it such a fresh taste. I love it. I went with the orzo, i was thinking rotini because i didnt think I had orzo (i love orzo and it doesnt usually last in my cupboard) but i did afterall. The mozzerella is great in it. I used lemon juice and some fresh grated garlic. Im going to leave it out on the counter till it cools off a bit and then refrigerate till tonight- im sure it will be even better by then. Thanks!

Nina

Here's one that we always enjoy.

Romaine lettuce
farfalle pasta, cooked
finely diced toasted walnuts
finely diced cilantro
finely diced green onion
finely diced parsley

Toss with vinaigrette. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom