ISO Summer Slaw Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Last Summer, having moved into our new town, I found Fry's Supermarket (they're owned by Kroger's).

All Summer long, up until Thanksgiving, I was buying what was labeled Summer Slaw. LOVE IT!
So last Fall when I could no longer get that in the store, I found a recipe online to make my own.

Alas, my computer went kerflooey and I lost the recipe.
I've been searching the WorldWideWeb for days now, and I can't find it!
It's basically a coleslaw with small diced tomatoes and hot house cucumbers.
But I'm not too sure about the dressing.

Could anyone help? I wanted to make this for our Memorial Day Feast with Mr&Mrs. Dear Friend's; they're vegetarians and I know liked this dish.

Hehehe

Last Summer, having moved into our new town, I found Fry's Supermarket (they're owned by Kroger's).

All Summer long, up until Thanksgiving, I was buying what was labeled Summer Slaw. LOVE IT!
So last Fall when I could no longer get that in the store, I found a recipe online to make my own.

Could anyone help? I wanted to make this for our Memorial Day Feast with Mr&Mrs. Dear Friend's; they're vegetarians and I know liked this dish.

Never mind, I found it!!
This is really a great dish, perfect for a cookout.

Summer Slaw Recipe | Alyona’s Cooking

Go figure, my mom and the rest of soviet union have been serving 'summer slaw' all our lives and had no idea. Albeit it was served with many different dressings, but that's the beauty of it. :LOL:

Go figure, my mom and the rest of soviet union have been serving 'summer slaw' all our lives and had no idea. Albeit it was served with many different dressings, but that's the beauty of it. :LOL:

Ya know CharlieD, the author of this blog says she's "Slavic", but nothing specific, oh other than she makes Ukrainian foods along with other cuisines.

How I came across a dish here in the middle of the desert, at supermarket deli case and that would be familiar to you seems pretty amazing to me though :flowers:

Roast Turkey and Coleslaw or a wonderful combination that my DH's family introduced me to. :yum:
Speaking of which, I think I need to roast another turkey for cold turkey dishes for the Summer :chef: Cook once, eat multiple times

Ya know CharlieD, the author of this blog says she's "Slavic", but nothing specific, oh other than she makes Ukrainian foods along with other cuisines.

How I came across a dish here in the middle of the desert, at supermarket deli case and that would be familiar to you seems pretty amazing to me though :flowers:

Kroger makes a pretty good potato salad, too. I usually make my own, but in a pinch, the Kroger potato salad works great.

Kroger owns about 20 store names. I have yet to find anywhere in the US where I can't use my Kroger Rewards card.

CD

Last edited:
Kroger makes a pretty good potato salad, too. I usually make my own, but in a pinch, the Kroger potato salad works great.

Kroger owns about 20 store names. I have yet to find anywhere in the US where I can't use my Kroger Rewards card.

CD

The Kroger Co. - Operations

... they're in 35 States, um, but not Hawaii ;)
My Mother lived across the street from a Fry's Supermarket and she just loved the place.
I've found 3 in our new area, I really only like one of them though.

CD

Torrington, WY...I'd say Lingle, but there is no grocery store there at all.

There was no lettuce in Ukraine or Russia for that matter during winter month. This slaw is nothing but a common salad, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, dressing. But instead of lettuce they are using cabbage that was available year around. And sour cream is a very common item to use. I make a very similar salad, but I take it a step further. I add sliced radishes, dill and heavier on green onions. Dressing depends on mood of my children.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom