Jello and Peaches with a Bite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
We have been in the mood for Jello lately, and we had some canned peach slices, so I made it this morning. They sell a very spicy ginger ale here (it is made near here) called Blenheim Ginger Ale. The regular has quite a bite to it, and the hot is definitely hot.* I don't care much for either just to drink, but they make a good punch base.

Well, when I made the Jello I decided to use some of the hot ginger ale in place of some of the water. I wanted a large batch, and I didn't have two of the same flavor Jello, so I used sugar free mixed fruit and sugar free black cherry. I used a bottle of the hot ginger ale and made up the rest of the 2 cups with the syrup from the lite peaches.

Wow! It turned out so good! I have had Jello made with pop before, and it was good, but this is different than most. It has a nice little bite to it. Very refreshing!

:)Barbara
*I sent some Blenheim Ginger Ale to my family in California several years ago. I warned them to hold their breath when they took a drink. My uncle didn't pay attention, and they thought he was going to have a heart attack!

Sounds so good Barbara, I love jello but have never tired pop in it...will have to the kids love it as well. Thanks
kades

How funny! I didn't tell James about the ginger ale. Well, if you had any doubts about the hotness of Blenheim, this should take that doubt away. When he finished his, he asked me, "Did you put hot sauce in the Jello?" :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: He liked it, but he couldn't figure out why it had a kick!

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom