jkath, here's a Bacon Vinaigrette for you!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
Bacon Vinaigrette
Yields: 1 ½ c

4 oz bacon, diced
2 oz onion, diced
½ c water
½ c cider vinegar
2 oz sugar
1 t salt
pepper to taste
To thicken:
½ oz cornstarch
¼ c water

In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, brown the bacon. When the bacon is done to your liking, add the onions. Sauté over medium-high heat until the onion turns translucent, and the pan has a brown coating. Add the water and cider vinegar. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, scraping the pan bottom and sides to deglaze the pan. When the liquid begins to boil, add the sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir to dissolve. While the liquid returns to a boil, combine the cornstarch and the remaining water. Add to the pan to thicken the dressing. Serve warm over spinach greens or spring mix.

For a real treat, use pancetta instead of bacon, and use port instead of water.

I have another recipe that I can't post here because of copyright policy.

Thanks, Allen...I was wanting the recipe too. Would mind sending me other recipe in a PM?

I had a wonderful orange vinaigrette dressing on a spinach salad in a restaurant once, but they wouldn't share the recipe. I wonder if it would work to just substitute orange juice for the water in this recipe?

IF I made this today... do you think it would still be ok to use tomorrow...?

If you have a link to the other recipe then you can post that.

I'd love to. Unfortunately, that particular recipe came from The Common Grill Cookbook, ISBN: 1886947880, by Craig Common. We used it at the country club I worked at while I lived in Jackson, MI.

the other thing you can do is re-word the recipe substantially. If you put it in your own words then it is not breaking any rules. the trick is that it has to be completely in your own words. You can't just change a word or two in each sentence.

I just made a batch of this and it is GREAT!!

With all that bacon in there how could it not be good.
Paul is going to love it. Thank you Allen!!

And as an added bonus
the kitchen smells wonderful.

the other thing you can do is re-word the recipe substantially. If you put it in your own words then it is not breaking any rules. the trick is that it has to be completely in your own words. You can't just change a word or two in each sentence.

Ha! Circumventing. I got a warning for that on another site. :LOL:

Oh, can ya PM that to me?

Back
Top Bottom