KFC COLESLAW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pondering the idea of making a slaw dressing using ranch dressing and bleu cheese crumbles.

But...

I'm leaving the cabbage intact for now as I really have a lot of food prepared, and need to use up some to make room for more creations. My freezer and fridge are pretty stuffed right now.:LOL:

We've got a recipe for a dairy/mayo-less coleslaw that's a sweet and sour type food from an in-law. It's pretty good and MUST be made at least a day prior and is good for up to a week so it's a perfect make ahead for a crowd and no worries about mayo or dairy going bad if anyone wants it. Red/white cabbage, carrots, green pepper, pimientos, all go in it.

I do want to try the copycat recipe for KFC though. I love their coleslaw.

The Pirate went shopping for milk and a couple of other needs. He stopped by the kitchen at Shaw's and bought for me a chicken dinner with slaw. The slaw was so-so, but the chicken recipe needs to be given to KFC. You could actually taste the chicken and it wasn't over seasoned. The Pirate doesn't know it, but he is going to be making more trips there. :angel:

Kfc coleslaw

Yes, it is, because KFC coleslaw tastes like something that came out of a swamp. A POLLUTED swamp!

This is where you would say; IMHO (In my humble opinion)m KFC coleslaw tastes like something that came out of a swamp.

You may detest KFC coleslaw, but there are a great many people who really enjoy the flavor, texture, and moisture content of the product, including me.

I't perfectly ok for you to dislike it. But you can only speak for yourself. I took great pains to make a slaw that approximates the flavor of KFC coleslaw.

On the other hand, I personally dislike most mint flavors, while they are enjoyed by millions. Each of us have our own taste receptors with each of us more sensitive to particular flavors than others. We don't taste foods the same way.

And for the record, I've been in swamps, and have inadvertantly tasted swamp water. I've never had any that tasted like KFC coleslaw.;)

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited by a moderator:
Bravo, Chief! We do need to think of others' feelings here. I too have tasted swampwater, and much prefer KFC coleslaw.

BTW, when I was a bartender, we made a very popular drink that we served in a Mason jar, called Swampwater. I'll have to look up the recipe. It was really tasty!

Last edited:
Yes, it is, because KFC coleslaw tastes like something that came out of a swamp. A POLLUTED swamp!

kfc coleslaw is made in new jersey?

And for the record, I've been in swamps, and have inadvertantly tasted swamp water. I've never had any that tasted like KFC coleslaw.;)

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

inadvertantly?

yeah, yeah. i know you. you'll taste anything to see if you can make it at home, and make it better...

with hot peppers, cheddar cheese, and pancakes.

I'm learning that more people have tasted swamp water than I would have imagined...

I can't say that I have ever done so. Nor do I have a hankering to indulge myself in that practice. I have to assume it is an acquired taste.

Thank you Chief for your thoughtful reply to SLB. Although I am not one of those who have tasted this somewhat delectable drink, I am going to leave the practice to those who enjoy it. :angel:

I've had some mighty tasty things on outings into the swamp. Cat tail tubers, fiddle head fern, cabbage palm hearts, elderberry flowers, crawfish, Alligator snapping turtle and frog legs to mention a few. Even boiled or treated swamp water is mighty fine if you're thirsty.:rolleyes: You might even get lucky and run across an Artesian Spring.

Last edited:
I've had some mighty tasty things on outings into the swamp. Cat tail tubers, fiddle head fern, cabbage palm hearts, elderberry flowers, crawfish, Alligator snapping turtle and frog legs to mention a few. Even boiled or treated swamp water is mighty fine if you're thirsty.:rolleyes: You might even get lucky and run across an Artesian Spring.

Now fiddlehead ferns I can go for. Although the one I have tasted are from the woods along a stream that ran in back of the farm. We collected them every spring. :angel:

Now fiddlehead ferns I can go for. Although the one I have tasted are from the woods along a stream that ran in back of the farm. We collected them every spring. :angel:

Our cypress swamps in the Everglades region tent to butt up against dry hardwood hammocks or dry pine lands.

It has been ages since I've had cat tail tubers. It seems to me we collected them in the spring...lots of cat tails near the farm. Hmmmm...where is my Stalking the Wild Asparagus...oh, that's right, I have two copies--one at the farm, and one at home! Should be able to find one of them before next spring. And fiddleheads, well, those are s/thing we forage every spring. A bit fiddly (ha-ha) to clean, but oh so good.

I wonder if Swamp Water is similar in taste to Earth Worms? ;)

Haven't had KFC in years but here's a site for those interested might find interesting.

Kentucky Fried Chicken :: Index

It's kind of a dead site but it does answer many questions about the Colonel.

I hope posting this link to another forum isn't against any rules.

I looked and did a search for rules but came up empty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom