Layered Southwest Pasta salad..would these changes work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prettyblueyes

Assistant Cook
I found a recipe for Layered Southwest Pasta salad. It has you cook your pasta and then toss it with olive oil, cumin and salt. I was wondering, if you think that some lime zest and or juice would add anything to this?

Then you layer that in the bottom of a dish, top with kidney beans, corn, red peppers, and onion. Do you think I could throw in some avacado in this step?

Mix together mayonnaise, sour cream and taco sauce. Top salad and chill overnight.

Any thoughts?

Lime and cumin go well together. I'd probably add a little fresh lime juice.

Any chance of posting the recipe? sounds good.

I might be tempted to add some cilantro in there too!

Avocado would work, just coat it in some lime juice to prevent browning.

If the recipe is from another internet site you will need to post the link versus copying and pasting the recipe.

If the recipe is from a cookbook you can post the ingredients and then make up your directions on how to prepare it. Due to Copyright Laws you cannot type exactly what the cookbook says.

It sounds like a great recipe!

Thanks for the suggestions. I think that I will definately add the lime juice and possibly cilantro. Just thought I would use the zest too. But maybe that would be too much. I will toss the avacoado in lime juice and add them too!

The recipe is from an internet site, just not sure which one. I printed it out a work some time ago, and the site is cut off the bottom of the page. I, as I am sure many of you do also, will see a recipe that "looks interesting" and print if off for later use!

But here is the original recipe:

Layered Southwest Pasta Salad.

How much lime juice do you think? It will mixed with the oil, salt and cumin.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to remove your written recipe per my post above.

I would definitely think 1 whole lime would work. I would mix the lime in with the bean mixture versus the pasta. Pasta can get "funky" from acid. You could also mix the avocado in the bean mixture if you wanted to. That way the acid would be right there with it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom