Macaroni and Ham Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MexicoKaren

Head Chef
Here's a refreshing meal in a bowl for a hot summer day. Make it in the morning and relax all day, knowing that your dinner is in the frig.

Macaroni and Ham Salad

200 grams dried macaroni/pasta in your shape of choice (this works out to about 7 ounces, or about 2 cups)

DRESSING:
1 cup mayonnaise
½ cup sour cream
2-3 TBS honey (to taste)
1 TBS deli mustard
3 TBS white vinegar
½ TSP ground black pepper
Salt to taste

1 medium red onion, chopped
3-4 stalks of celery, fine dice
1 large carrot, grated
1 sweet bell pepper (red, green, yellow or mixed), diced

2 cups diced ham

Cook macaroni, rinse. Combine dressing ingredients and whisk.

Combine remaining ingredients with cooled macaroni, Add dressing, allow to chill before eating.

Sounds delish, Karen. I'm always looking for cool salads for summer meals because it's so hot here and our house isn't air-conditioned. Love pasta salad of any kind. This is a keeper. Buck'll especially like it because it has red onion. Love red onion. Thanks for posting.

Looks wonderful Karen,
we enjoy pasta salads..This will be perfect for one of our Sunday get togethers..Thanks
kadesma:)

Thanks to all for your kind words. We just finished dinner, and my "meat and potatoes" DH gobbled this up. I think there's lots of room for experimentation, so if someone comes up with something good to add/change, be sure to let us know. Hope you enjoy.

Love this one!!!! Can't wait to take to the next gathering. It is copied and sitting ON my desk instead of in the drawer!!!

Back
Top Bottom