Made my cole slaw for a big dinner.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
Everyone loved it so I thought I would put it up here. It's the same slaw I have been making for years. I don't measure, just work from the way it looks.
Very simple basic slaw recipe.

Shredded cabbage ( l like some carrots in there too.).
Miracle whip
Milk
sugar
celery salt.

Sprinkle the cabbage with sugar and let it set for bit. Spoon in enough miracle whip add a few splashes of milk(if you were to mix the milk with the miracle whip it would be a thick mixture but would flow).

Add celery salt to taste.
That's it... your done.

Basically it's sweetened Mayonaise(miracle whip) and celery salt...

Thanks! My DH loves it this way too. I add a tad of apple cider vinegar though and TONS of black pepper - like I'm sneezing while mixing it! :LOL: (well, not IN it, of course :blush:)

Thanks! My DH loves it this way too. I add a tad of apple cider vinegar though and TONS of black pepper - like I'm sneezing while mixing it! :LOL: (well, not IN it, of course :blush:)

I like pepper too, not everyone does so I leave that to the individual...

My favorite slaw is vinegar slaw. Vinegar, water, sugar, celery seeds... mix with the cabbage...

Sounds great, I also add vinegar. Lots of great cole slaws out there, I always like those with some vinegar.

So thats the secret ingredient!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

naughty.gif
:mrgreen:

Jeff - if you like hot things try adding some red pepper flakes to that vinegar combo you mentioned - really good! And that same combo is good as a pulled pork sauce or pulled chicken.

naughty.gif
:mrgreen:

Jeff - if you like hot things try adding some red pepper flakes to that vinegar combo you mentioned - really good! And that same combo is good as a pulled pork sauce or pulled chicken.

I hadn't thought of the red pepper..

For pulled pork BBQ we have a old favorite.. Turmeric Slaw!!! Mayo(miracle whip) a little sugar, a lot of turmeric, shredded cabbage. It should be pretty yellow when it's mixed. The turmeric really does something with the BBQ.

wish this would have been here before I spent 4.50 on a jar of coleslaw dressing!!!

I make a very different slaw with red wine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.

Yours sounds pretty yummy too Jeff.

I used to love the cole slaw we got at Long John Silvers till they changed it, same with KFC. I like the creamier cole slaws myself.

I make a very different slaw with red wine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.

Yours sounds pretty yummy too Jeff.

Thats basically what we call vinegar slaw.. actually my favorite but I find when cooking for a group, most prefer creamy slaw..

Back
Top Bottom