Mexi-Meatball Salad - Rec. Idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*amy*

Washing Up
I came across a recipe that was just so cute, I couldn't resist passing it along. (Click on the picture to enlarge.)

Mini-Mex Meat Loaf Recipe

Since the portions are very small (more like an appy), I'm working on turning it into a Mexican Meatball Salad. A few ideas - I would use bowls and line them with flour tortillas (cutting the tortillas as directed).

For the meatballs, since I'm not of big fan of chili/spicy ingreds - mix ground beef with taco seasoning, egg, & bread crumbs, cilantro (if desired). Cook the meatballs - whatever method you choose (saute, bake, etc.)

Lay the cut tortillas in serving bowls. Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, green or red chopped onions, sliced black olives. Drizzle with some guacamole, if desired. Top with cooked meatballs and shredded Jack cheese. Voila - Mexican meatball salad.

I may change some things as I go along, or if you have some ideas, I'm all ears.

Last edited:
Well, it sounds like a Taco Salad to me, Amy, except you are forming the burger into meatballs instead of making chili.

I love Taco Salads, and your variation sounds great!

Lee

QSis said:
Well, it sounds like a Taco Salad to me, Amy, except you are forming the burger into meatballs instead of making chili.

I love Taco Salads, and your variation sounds great!

Lee

Thanks, Lee. :) It reminded me of a Taco Salad, as well. Perfect time of year for salads.

Another variation could be a Mediterranean Meatball salad.
Sub the guac w Tzatiki (I can never spell that lol) sauce, sub the colby or jack w feta cheese, sub the tortilla with pita bread, add spinach to the meatball mixture.

I'm thinking about an Asian version w teriyaki meatballs & pineapple, shredded cabbage & crunchy wontons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom