"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Salads & Salad Dressings

Old 11-13-2007, 04:03 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Missing Jello Mold Recipe?!

I had a great jello mold recipe which was lost along the way and I sure wish I could find it or recreate it. Maybe you guys can help?

It started with a lemon jello/cream cheese layer, then after it set up a little I added a raspberry jello, cranberry sauce, nut mixture. If I remember right the cranberry sauce used was a whole can of the whole berry sauce. I think the lemon jello was a small box mixed with 3 oz cream cheese. I just can't decide on quantities of water mixing with the jello and how much of the raspberry jello ... Any ideas? Thanks

Old 11-13-2007, 04:43 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimont View Post
I had a great jello mold recipe which was lost along the way and I sure wish I could find it or recreate it. Maybe you guys can help?

It started with a lemon jello/cream cheese layer, then after it set up a little I added a raspberry jello, cranberry sauce, nut mixture. If I remember right the cranberry sauce used was a whole can of the whole berry sauce. I think the lemon jello was a small box mixed with 3 oz cream cheese. I just can't decide on quantities of water mixing with the jello and how much of the raspberry jello ... Any ideas? Thanks
Trimont,
I don't have a recipe for you, but, when I make a jello salad, I use the amount of water or juice or soda called for in the recipe. After it's set I take a portion or all of it and blend it with the softened cream cheese, put it in the mold and return it to the refrigerator to set up..continue on with my recipe til finished and all set. I hope this helps a little.
kadesma

Old 11-13-2007, 04:59 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Hi, trimont. I searched through my Jell-O recipes and came up empty, but here's a link to the folks at Jell-O. You might go to the "contact us" tab and see if they have a recipe in their archives that would be what you are searching for.

At any rate, I did a recipe search on their site asking for "cranberry" and came up with 187 recipes, some of which sounded quite tasty. Maybe you will find another just as delicious as the one you lost.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:33 PM   #4
Assistant Cook

Thanks for your feedback and info - I do appreciate it. You know how it is when you have that darn, elusive memory of something and nothing else seems to do? I will check out the Jello site, too - but think I might just wing it with my best recollection..... how hard can Jello be?!

Tags
None