Mustard Vinaigrette

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
2 teaspoons dijon or whole grain mustard

mix all together in a jar you can get your stick blender in or close with lid and shake well. Allow to sit for 10 minutes to hydrate the Herbes.

Pour in 6 tablespoons of Avocado Oil (or your favorite oil), emulsify with the stick blender or close with lid and shake until mixed well.

My new appliance - Magic Bullet is kick butt for making dressing, etc.

I'm going to use this dressing over shredded cabbage with marinated and roasted flank steak.

I'm also going to see if I can make it a creamy dressing by adding an egg and some heavy cream.

1 teaspoon crushed garlic
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
2 teaspoons dijon or whole grain mustard

mix all together in a jar you can get your stick blender in or close with lid and shake well. Allow to sit for 10 minutes to hydrate the Herbes.

Pour in 6 tablespoons of Avocado Oil (or your favorite oil), emulsify with the stick blender or close with lid and shake until mixed well.

My new appliance - Magic Bullet is kick butt for making dressing, etc.

I'm going to use this dressing over shredded cabbage with marinated and roasted flank steak.

I'm also going to see if I can make it a creamy dressing by adding an egg and some heavy cream.
I always use the shaken jar method for making vinaigrette-type dressings.

There used to be an hilarious advert for the Magic Bullet on one of those middle of the night promotions on British TV - an English chap with his American "wife" and a group of "friends" supposedly sitting round his kitchen table getting terribly excited about the things he was making with his Magic Bullet. It was a hoot but the MB looked a really useful piece of kit.

I don't read labels on products I am definitely going to buy. I can hardly buy dressings cuz I Did read the labels and don't like the oils they too often use.

I too use the "shaken jar" method to make dressings. I make all my own dressings except Catalina French ( Kraft?) which I like on taco salads. Me and Pacanis ( where is he?) like this dressing.

PF, if you are using your majic bullet, doesn't the dressing emulsify and make it creamy? Seems like I read to do this in a blender for a creamy Italian or Caesar dressing. I don't remember them adding either cream or egg.

...I too use the "shaken jar" method to make dressings. I make all my own dressings except Catalina French ( Kraft?) which I like on taco salads. Me and Pacanis ( where is he?) like this dressing...

I made a decent Catalina dressing from scratch a while ago from a very old recipe, the taste was spot-on, but strangely, it solidified. No amount of shaking could liquify it.

I'm making this one too, PF! Thanks for the recipe!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom