My Fave Mediterranean Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bensian

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone, I'm newby to this discussion forum but fall in love with it already.

I am happy to share my invented mediterranean Salad

Ingredients:
1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
1 can whole mushroom drained and rinsed
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
Coulored capsicum one each colour cut spaghitti style.
Watercress or green mixed leaves
Sliced halloumi.
Slices Eggplant
2 tbs evoo
Grilled red capsicum. Sliced lengthwise

Mix the chickpeas and mushroom and soak in balsamic vinegar, the longer the better.

In the serving bowl place the leaves at the bottom then sprinkle the coloured capsicum.

Meanwhile, grill eggplant and halloumi with evoo.

Pour the chickpeas and mushroom over the coloured capsicum.

Top up with grilled eggplant, red capsicu and halloumi.

Serve warm and enjoy.

N.B you can add lemon juice and salt to desire but I find that balsamic gives enough tanginess to it.

image-35554752.jpg

Cheers

Welcome from Italy, Bensian and thanks for your nice salad.
Just a question. I never knew about this halloumi (I just found out that it's a cheese, looking on Google...). Is it similar to feta? I can easily find feta here, while I never saw halloumi around.

Thanks

Thanks all for ur lovely comments. I cooking and will keep posting new recipes when I get free time away from my study (>.<)

Halloumi is is different type of cheese. Its similar to the texture of Tufo but more salty and juicy :p

I'm sure you'll find it in Middle eastern grocery stores.

Hope this help.

Thanks all for ur lovely comments. I cooking and will keep posting new recipes when I get free time away from my study (>.<)

Halloumi is is different type of cheese. Its similar to the texture of Tufo but more salty and juicy :p

I'm sure you'll find it in Middle eastern grocery stores.

Hope this help.

Thanks Bensian, I'll take a look around. Don't study too much. :cool:

Welcome Bensian and i liked the recipe, will surely try it these days.

Luca halloumi is a cheese from Cyprus. It is salty and they cut it on small rectangle peacesa and grill it. it is served as meze with a glass of ouzo . or is served in salads as in this case.
i just love its salty taste. you should be carefur though with how long you fry it , only untill it turns golden if you continue frying it will be hard and you will hear funny sounds when chewing it, not very pleasant.

Jamy Oliver grilled it in one of his 30minute meals episodes i just do not remember which one.

Welcome Bensian and i liked the recipe, will surely try it these days.

Luca halloumi is a cheese from Cyprus. It is salty and they cut it on small rectangle peacesa and grill it. it is served as meze with a glass of ouzo . or is served in salads as in this case.
i just love its salty taste. you should be carefur though with how long you fry it , only untill it turns golden if you continue frying it will be hard and you will hear funny sounds when chewing it, not very pleasant.

Jamy Oliver grilled it in one of his 30minute meals episodes i just do not remember which one.

Thanks Souvlaki. I'll go and ask our local Greek restaurateur where can I find this halloumi in my small town. Hope for the best.
And I LOVE ouzo. :yum:

Welcome to DC! I've now learned that there is a cheese called halloumi. Bolas beat me to my question. Don't study too hard and remember there is more to life than studying--food, for example! I love chickpeas so will definitely give this recipe a try. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom