My newest favorite vinaigrette!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aHobbs

Assistant Cook
My new favorite vinaigrette is olive oil, tarragon vinegar, salt pepper! That tarragon vinegar is delicious!!!!

Sometimes you can find "different" vinegars, oils, etc. at stores such as TJ Maxx. That's where I buy champagne vinegar.

I almost always use white balsamic vinegar for a vinaigrette, but tried tarragon vinegar last night since I had some on hand - yep, it was good. :)

aHobbs - thanks for the recommendation. I always have tarragon vinegar on hand and use it in Green Goddess Dressing. Why I never thought to use it in a straight vinaigrette is a myster! :ermm: I LOVE tarragon...again, thanks! I bet you could do a version of German potato salad using it.

Last edited:
aHobbs - thanks for the recommendation. I always have tarragon vinegar on hand and use it in Green Goddess Dressing. Why I never thought to use it in a straight vinaigrette is a myster! :ermm: I LOVE tarragon...again, thanks! I bet you could do a version of German potato salad using it.

Oh I like the German potato salad idea!!!

if you can't find tarragon vinegar, you can always make it.
take a bottle,
put in some fresh tarragon ( dried I don't Know never tried it)
bring white vinegar to just a boil and pour into your bottle
let set week - or 2

You can also make a somewhat milder more refined Tarragon Vinegar by using half white vinegar & half white wine. But when I make this I do it in fairly small amounts & keep it refrigerated since the wine does cut the acidity of the vinegar quite a bit, & thus it's safer bacteria-wise to keep it in the fridge.

Talking early about taragon vineagar made me think of a recipe that I have made in while, so I got it out to make tonight for dinner so here is it. I know it doesn't belong in this section but with the vinegar talk thought i post it here. I will also post it in the meat section. so I cover both area. this is really good and hope you Enjoy..

Kielbasa and Pasta
12 oz pc kielbasa
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cups macroni shells
6 slices of bacon cut up into small to medium peices
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
3 tbl sugar
2 tbl flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup Taragon Vineagar
2 tbl parsley

In skillet simmer sausage with 1/2 cup water for 20 min
Cook macaroni and drain.
Drain slice kielbasa and set aside.
In a large skillet cook bacon till almost done - add mushroom cook 2min more
Stir in sugar, flour S & P
Add 3/4 cup water and the vinegar
cook and sir until thicken and bubbly.
Add kielbasa, macaroni, bacon & mushrooms.
Mix well and heat throughly
top with parsley

Back
Top Bottom