My Spinach Strawberry Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guts

Senior Cook
Spinach Strawberry Salad

12 oz fresh baby spinach
2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds*/ about 1&½ Tablespoons
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 Tbsp raspberry vinegar / Key ingredient here !!! must have to make this recipe...
2-3 Tbsp sugar/ 2&½
2 Tbsp minced green onions / white parts a little of the light green part / about two to three onions
about ¼ teas I use white pepper
¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 basket strawberries, sliced /1 Lb
Thoroughly wash and dry spinach and tear into bite size pieces if needed
Toss spinach with green onions
Whisk together remaining ingredients, except strawberries
Just before serving add strawberries and dressing and toasted sesame seeds

*To Toast sesame seeds: Put seeds in heavy fry pan and over medium heat, stir and cook until golden brown... be careful they burn easy.

OOOOOOOOO! Sounds lovely. I have made this before with a red wine vinegar but I will try the raspberry next time. Thanks!

Sounds/reads incredibly delicious. Being a spinach-addict (blame Popeye) myself, I'm always hungry for recipes using the green wonder. Smashing new salad idea.

My mom makes this salad with toasted walnuts instead of sesame seeds, it's delicious. I've made it myself for lunches at work, it's good.

put the ingredients for this salad on my grocery list. i love spinach in all its forms.

I have to say I have never have someone not like it, they want the recipe. It works well at Charismas time with the green and red, also a refreshing summer salad. I don't think you will be disappointed. Let me know OK.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom