"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Salads & Salad Dressings
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #41
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
See, I don't even have to do anything...
Just sit there and smile with spaghetti all over your face!
__________________

__________________
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #42
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Just sit there and smile with spaghetti all over your face!
I'm getting good at it... Thinking about buying a couple of bibs...
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #43
Sous Chef
 
Chef Maloney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: S.California
Posts: 455
This sounds like a gourmet recipe and I cannot wait to try it.
Thank you so much PrincessFiona for the recipe!!!
__________________
Chef Maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #44
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
I use that dressing as a marinade for tuna steaks and chicken, too!
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #45
Sous Chef
 
Chef Maloney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: S.California
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I use that dressing as a marinade for tuna steaks and chicken, too!
I'm with you your highness. Great idea. Recipe already in my folder.
Thank you again.
__________________
Chef Maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:25 PM   #46
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
I'm happy to share it, one of my most brilliant creations.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:37 PM   #47
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,327
I couldn't decide which cole slaw recipe thread to bump...decided this one since I used wasabi paste. WARNING: Those who need exact measurements and instructions, you might as a well quite reading NOW. I don't do that.

Went out to the garden, and what did I find,
a head of cabbage looking mighty fine.
Pulled some carrots larger around than a dime,
Couldn't say no to the kale that almost poked me in the eye.
Let me figure out what else I might need to feed me...

Radishes, green tomatoes, cucumbers, grated apple, zucchini, green onions...

Chopped everything up, dressed it with:

1/3 c light sesame oil + 2 T EVOO
a big "glug" of cherry vinegar
garlic--minced
a "worm squeeze" of wasabi paste
a pinch of dried mustard
a sprinkle of fish sauce
black onion seeds
red pepper flakes
toasted sesame seeds--sumac powder--everything i need. S&P. Might dress with some fresh French Tarragon...waiting for the DH to show up so we can have lunch. The dressing is shaken, not stirred, in a Masson jar. Let the salad sit for 2 hours at room temp. And that's how you pick things out of the garden and roll with them. Added the French Tarragon and some golden raisins...
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:41 PM   #48
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I couldn't decide which cole slaw recipe thread to bump...decided this one since I used wasabi paste. WARNING: Those who need exact measurements and instructions, you might as a well quite reading NOW. I don't do that.

Went out to the garden, and what did I find,
a head of cabbage looking mighty fine.
Pulled some carrots larger around than a dime,
Couldn't say no to the kale that almost poked me in the eye.
Let me figure out what else I might need to feed me...

Radishes, green tomatoes, cucumbers, grated apple, zucchini, green onions...

Chopped everything up, dressed it with:

1/3 c light sesame oil + 2 T EVOO
a big "glug" of cherry vinegar
garlic--minced
a "worm squeeze" of wasabi paste
a pinch of dried mustard
a sprinkle of fish sauce
black onion seeds
red pepper flakes
toasted sesame seeds--sumac powder--everything i need. S&P. Might dress with some fresh French Tarragon...waiting for the DH to show up so we can have lunch. The dressing is shaken, not stirred, in a Masson jar. Let the salad sit for 2 hours at room temp. And that's how you pick things out of the garden and roll with them. Added the French Tarragon and some golden raisins...
DH was late, so I ended up adding chopped kale and swiss chard (because I had eaten more than one should eat while tasting). Had hoped to have leftovers, no such luck.
__________________

__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
asian, cabbage, healthy, recipe, salad

Napa Cabbage Slaw with Wasabi-Ginger Dressing Napa Cabbage Slaw with Wasabi-Ginger Dressing: 3 cups Napa Cabbage, shredded 2 sliced green onion 1/2 red pepper, diced 2 tablespoons rice vinegar 4 teaspoons canola or light olive oil 2 - 4 teaspoons Wasabi powder 2 teaspoons minced shallot or onion 2 teaspoons lemon juice 1 - 2 teaspoons sesame oil 2 teaspoons soy sauce 1 teaspoon minced ginger root 1 teaspoon sesame seeds Whisk dressing in large bowl, add in veggies and toss to coat. Serve chilled. 3 stars 1 reviews
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.