Napa Cabbage Slaw with Wasabi-Ginger Dressing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
Napa Cabbage Slaw with Wasabi-Ginger Dressing:

3 cups Napa Cabbage, shredded
2 sliced green onion
1/2 red pepper, diced

2 tablespoons rice vinegar
4 teaspoons canola or light olive oil
2 - 4 teaspoons Wasabi powder
2 teaspoons minced shallot or onion
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 - 2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon minced ginger root
1 teaspoon sesame seeds

Whisk dressing in large bowl, add in veggies and toss to coat. Serve chilled.

I'm glad everyone is liking this. It has my favorite flavor combo of soy sauce, sesame and ginger. I'm always coming up with something different to use it. My inspiration for this was a Tuna steak with wasabi-ginger sauce, I changed it over to a dressing to save calories, lower the fat and salt.

It's ready to serve with dinner tonight PF........I added well drained canned Mandarin Oranges, as you suggested. I also added some grated carrot. It tastes fantastic, and beautiful too!
I'm serving it with Chinese barbecue pork tenderloins and Jasmine rice.
Thanks so much, darlin.

Last edited:
It's ready to serve with dinner tonight PF........I added well drained canned Mandarin Oranges, as you suggested. I also added some grated carrot. It tastes fantastic, and beautiful too!
Thanks so much, darlin.

Hooray!!! I like hearing others like my inventions!:chef:

This is very good. I followed your recipe exactly except I didn't have any plain oil (believe it or not) so I used sesame oil in it's place there, too. Can you believe I ran out of olive oil? Must be Christmas or something.

thumbs way up!

Last edited:
This is very good. I followed your recipe exactly except I didn't have any plain oil (believe it or not) so I used sesame oil in it's place there, too. Can you believe I ran out of olive oil? Must be Christmas or something.

thumbs way up!

Thank you! It's one of my favorites!

I have to report in on this, though it has been a while. . .

Soy, sugar, ginger and orange juice marinated duck breast, pan seared and roasted to get skin crispy. Then, pulsed in the robo coupe, not quite a force-meat, not quite chunky. Mix in with the cole slaw mix, and wrapped in spring roll wrappers, deep friend and served with tonga sauce. SO GOOD! Not quite a lumpia, not quite an egg roll, but 200% awesome! Thanks for sharing the base.

I have to report in on this, though it has been a while. . .

Soy, sugar, ginger and orange juice marinated duck breast, pan seared and roasted to get skin crispy. Then, pulsed in the robo coupe, not quite a force-meat, not quite chunky. Mix in with the cole slaw mix, and wrapped in spring roll wrappers, deep friend and served with tonga sauce. SO GOOD! Not quite a lumpia, not quite an egg roll, but 200% awesome! Thanks for sharing the base.

Cool! Glad you could adapt it to something else! My folks have been eating it weekly since I came up with it. Some times adding fresh seared tuna, aside.

Nice recipe. It sounds like it would go well with a Pinoy Pork BBQ dish I make. And I just happen to be getting a Penzeys order together, so have added the Wasabi powder to my list.

Nice recipe. It sounds like it would go well with a Pinoy Pork BBQ dish I make. And I just happen to be getting a Penzeys order together, so have added the Wasabi powder to my list.

I'm excited that you are planning on this recipe. Let me know what you think of it!

Princess thanks for the cole slaw recipe. I made it for dinner tonight with tuna fish patties and brown rice. It was awesome!!! I had planned to use the left overs tomorrow adding shrimp to it and making egg rolls.But Stevan ate most of and put the rest in his lunch for tomorrow (oink) He loved it Perfect for a Diabetic.

Josie

Princess thanks for the cole slaw recipe. I made it for dinner tonight with tuna fish patties and brown rice. It was awesome!!! I had planned to use the left overs tomorrow adding shrimp to it and making egg rolls.But Stevan ate most of and put the rest in his lunch for tomorrow (oink) He loved it Perfect for a Diabetic.

Josie

Thank you! I love it when others like my little inventions! :)

Thanks so much, darlin.
You just gave me Ma's Sunday dinner thanks so much :)
kades

Back
Top Bottom