"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Salads & Salad Dressings
Old 03-29-2006, 09:45 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by auntieshelly
Here is my favorite way of making pasta salad. There is no mayo or sour cream so this is a good "take along" salad. You don't have to worry about refrigeration.
While the pasta is boiling, make an Italian dressing. I use an envelope of Good Seasons Italian (the garlic and herb variety is great) and mix it according to directions, using olive oil and a combination of cider and seasoned rice vinegars. Drain the hot pasta thoroughly, but do NOT rinse in cold water. Place hot pasta in bowl and immediately add the vinegar/oil dressing. Gently toss. The hot pasta will absorb the flavor of the dressing and be much more flavorful. Add salt and pepper to taste and chill. While pasta chills, mince garlic, thinly slice green or red onions, bell peppers, carrots, celery and any other vegetables you like ~ tiny tomatoes, olives, tiny pieces of broccoli, marinated artichoke hearts, pickled mushrooms, etc. You may want to grate or cube your favorite cheese(s), slice or cube salami, ham, etc. Add to pasta and toss lightly. Before serving, add the juice and zest of one fresh lemon and some chopped fresh parsley and/or basil to bring out all the flavors. YUM!!
I like your recipe for pasta salad..Makes me want to go start making one right now Thanks for sharing.

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:24 AM   #12
Senior Cook
Send a message via MSN to RDG
One of the most tasting recipe I know is this, very simple, indeed.
Pasta as you like, generally maccheroni. On the warm pasta, put some minced salted ricotta ( I don't know if you call it so, or if you can find it: you have not to salt ricotta. Salted ricotta is a type of cheese old and tasty). Then, little tomatoes (we call them the "cherry tomatoes", round and little, but, if you don't find them, the long and narrow are good the same), fresh basil, oregan if you like, salt, pepper and olives. Evoo as you like. Eat at once.

RDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:04 AM   #13
Head Chef
My favorite pasta salad is Macaroni(cold), hard boild eggs cut up, chopped onions, chopped celery, frozen peas, miracle whip with a little mustard. mix well. S/P to tast.I know it's not all that exciting but next to potato salad we like this salad.
thumpershere2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:22 AM   #14
Assistant Cook
they all sound wonderful, i couldnt choose which one to try , so. i printed all of them...
Thanks again......
SOUTHERNCOOK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:02 PM   #15
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to kimbaby Send a message via Yahoo to kimbaby
I cook my8 oz. macaroni, rinse, I cobine, with the mac 1 bell pepper chopped, i small onion chopped, I cuke chopped,tomatoes chopped if you like it...
I also sometimes add cooked cocktail shrimp,but you don't have to,
2 Tbs. mayo,1 tsp. mustard...
1 tsp. vinegar
salt/pepper to taste...
I refrigerate my at least 1 hour before serving...

kimbaby is offline   Reply With Quote