Oriental Viniagrette REC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
Here's a recipe I've been making at work lately. I've gotten rave reviews from guests and staff. Heck, my Sous Chef wanted a copy of the recipe!

I know some of the measurements are a little "odd". I decreased the yield from professional quantities to a size that's good for home. Just eyeball the measurements, or take your best guess.

Oriental Vinaigrette
Yields: 1 pt

½ c rice wine vinegar
1/6 c soy
1 1/6 c salad oil
1/6 c sesame oil
2 t ginger, fresh
1 ½ t black pepper
1/6 t garlic
1/3 t Tabasco
salt

Mix all ingredients except the oil, whisk until smooth. While whisking, slowly add the oil in a steady stream.

AllenMI said:
Here's a recipe I've been making at work lately. I've gotten rave reviews from guests and staff. Heck, my Sous Chef wanted a copy of the recipe!

I know some of the measurements are a little "odd". I decreased the yield from professional quantities to a size that's good for home. Just eyeball the measurements, or take your best guess.

Oriental Vinaigrette
Yields: 1 pt

½ c rice wine vinegar
1/6 c soy
1 1/6 c salad oil
1/6 c sesame oil
2 t ginger, fresh
1 ½ t black pepper
1/6 t garlic
1/3 t Tabasco
salt

Mix all ingredients except the oil, whisk until smooth. While whisking, slowly add the oil in a steady stream.

think if you double the recipe the quantities come out pretty good...
seems like it ought to last in the frig okay?

Oriental Vinaigrette
Yields: 2 pts

1 c rice wine vinegar
1/3 c soy
2 1/3 c salad oil
1/3 c sesame oil
4 t ginger, fresh
1 T black pepper
1/3 t garlic (I would go with 1/2 t here)
2/3 t Tabasco (1/2 to 1 t depending on how much heat you like)
salt

You're exactly right. The original recipe yields a quart or two. I cut it down for home use. Of course, if you really like it, and make a lot of salads with it, then by all means, make a larger quantity.

It's really fun when I try to cut down a salad dressing recipe where the original yields 4 GALLONS! Sometimes I get ingredients where I have to add "to taste" for the quantity. Of course, I haven't actually tried making a scaled-down recipe like that at home. Maybe I ought to make a batch of Caesar here soon, and get a head of Romaine :D

Made it today. Not sorry I made 2 pints, it's great!!!
Thanks for cutting recipe down for us, and thanks for being so inventive!

Allen, Try this for a little variation - use a bit of brown sugar, and some lime juice in the dressing in addition to all your other ingredients!

this dressing sounds really yummy... i want to have a go, but wat kind of salad would go with it?

Back
Top Bottom