Pear Salad tnt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
My daughter and I fiddled around yesterday and made this and several other salads to go with bbq'd chicken..I like the flavor of pears, but the texture sometimes puts me off..This however was really good, the little ones loved the pears...
We shredded a small head of iceberg and put it on a platter, then we peeled two pears and brushed them with lemon juice, then sliced them and put them on the lettuce. We mixed up 2 stalks of celery chopped,about 3 oz. of chopped walnuts, 2oz. of raisins, 8 oz. of cottage cheese and mayo to hold it together and put this on top of the pears and lettuce..Chilled it well and it was really nice...

kadesma

My daughter and I fiddled around yesterday and made this and several other salads to go with bbq'd chicken..I like the flavor of pears, but the texture sometimes puts me off..This however was really good, the little ones loved the pears...
We shredded a small head of iceberg and put it on a platter, then we peeled two pears and brushed them with lemon juice, then sliced them and put them on the lettuce. We mixed up 2 stalks of celery chopped,about 3 oz. of chopped walnuts, 2oz. of raisins, 8 oz. of cottage cheese and mayo to hold it together and put this on top of the pears and lettuce..Chilled it well and it was really nice...

kadesma

sounds really good. i have some pears and think i will make it. no nuts for me though. i did find a recipe for a pear crumble that i would like to make as well. really don't need recipe since it is just like an apple crisp.

thanks for tip .

babe

Thanks Elf and Babe,
it was really good, refreshing and cool..

kadesma:)

My grandmother used to serve a pear half stuffed with cream cheese and chopped nuts. I seem to remember a little grated cheddar on top as well.

My grandmother used to serve a pear half stuffed with cream cheese and chopped nuts. I seem to remember a little grated cheddar on top as well.
Connie, that sounds so good..Will have to give it a try and soon..

kadesma:)

we used to do this too... but layered lettuce, pears,cottage cheese, cheddar cheese and a sprinkle of paprike for a little color. Mom always used canned pears so they were extra sweet.

we used to do this too... but layered lettuce, pears,cottage cheese, cheddar cheese and a sprinkle of paprike for a little color. Mom always used canned pears so they were extra sweet.
Same here Trish, mom did the same with pineapple chunks too..All fruit laced in heavy syrup:LOL:

kades

Back
Top Bottom