Pears, Arugula, pecorino

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I wasn't to sure about this, but find I love the combination of pears and arugula. All we did was clean the arugula,thinly slice the pears and make a lemon,evoo,salt and fresh ground black pepper dressing. We tossed the pears in the dressing and then put them on top of the arugula and dressed everything and then topped it with shaved pecorino..It was really nice..I'm also planning to use watercress next time and top with apples and see how that goes.

kadesma;)

I love it to Jenny, it's so simple, yet the taste is outstanding..
kades

I love the combination too. Pears, rocket -arugola here- and a crumbling of gorgonzola work beatifully too.

Watercress is the most outstanding salad for winter. We had a family craze of a water cress and crab salad, but by far my favorite watercress salad is with duck and pink grapefruit. I find grapefruit and watercress hass a delcious affinity, the pepperinerss of the cress with the slap of freshness from the grapefruit are super: the duck makes it a bit more substantial, and the flavours cut through the fattiness. Watercress and apple could be great, I think I'll try some variants on that!

In Australia, arugula is known as rocket. The salad you describe Kadesma is a very popular one in our restaurants and wineries at the moment. Well at least on the West coast! Sometimes you get a crumbly blue cheese instead of the pecorino, like Lulu said. Nashi pear is also very popular in salads.

I really enjoy citrus in salads Lulu. Scallops with orange segments mixed with a salad is lovely.

In Australia, arugula is known as rocket. The salad you describe Kadesma is a very popular one in our restaurants and wineries at the moment. Well at least on the West coast! Sometimes you get a crumbly blue cheese instead of the pecorino, like Lulu said. Nashi pear is also very popular in salads.

I really enjoy citrus in salads Lulu. Scallops with orange segments mixed with a salad is lovely.
The neighborhood I grew up in was all Italian and French speaking people...We always bought rocket from the nursery for our gardens,so arugula and rocket are just interchangable for me...The salad is wonderful with just a nice slice of crusty bread and a glass of wine.

kadesma

Excellent idea. I'm making the pear and arugula with blue cheese tonight. NO, scratch that I'll get some pecorino.

Back
Top Bottom