Potato Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
Potato Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing

I had something similar to the Potato Salad recipe at Chewning's Tavern in Colonial Williamsburg; it was absolutely delicious, and then a few months later I found a similar recipe in a magazine. I've adapted it somewhat since then.

1 1/2 lbs. small red new potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick (7-8)
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1.5 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. dried oregano, crumbled
1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion (optional)
1/4 cup black olives, pitted and sliced (optional)

Bring large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add potatoes. Return to a boil and cook 5-8 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.

Meanwhile, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, oregano, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl.

Drain potatoes well. Turn potatoes into a large plastic food-storage bag. Add onion and dressing to bag; seal. Set bag aside at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours, turning occasionally to distribute ingredients evenly.

Add olives; toss gently to coat. Serve at once or refrigerate.

Servings: 6

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks :) This is my favorite way to make potato salad now. After the first day, it gets pretty tangy; DH doesn't like it as well then, but I love it. And it goes great with grilled meats, especially if they have a sauce that leans to the sweet side.

Looks like another winner like PPO's no-mayo potato salad. Did you use regular black olives or Kalamata? Guess I'll be adding red potatoes to my shopping list.

Still trying to duplicate the roast beef sandwich spread I had at Kings Arms over 30 years ago. I remember mayo, horseradish, and dijon mustard...but something is missing. If anyone knows how that one is made, I'd be much obliged.

Back
Top Bottom