Pretty Beet Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Something a little different, for a great color side dish.

BEET SALAD
6 beets ( or I use 3 cans of sliced, cooked beets, for no cooking involved)
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cucumber, sliced
5 Tbsp. plain yogurt
2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
1/2 tsp. horseradish
2 Tbsp. dried dill weed
1/3 tsp. each salt and pepper
Scrub beets and remove the top and tail. Boil in salted water about 45 minutes or until tender. Drain hot water and fill pot with cold water. Set aside until beets are cool enough to handle. Slice beets thinly and transfer to a salad bowl. Add onion and cucumber.
In separate bowl combine yogurt and remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables and toss to combine. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Makes 4-6 servings.

lol, k-l.

if you make this when you're tired, it's still pretty beat salad.

how ya feelin'?
aww i'm pretty beat. i think i'll have a salad.

Thank you, Kayelle! I'm going to make this today for Mother's Day! I already purchased 2 huge beets from Whole Foods ($5 for just two by the way) and I was just going to cook them, slice them thin and add some greens but this sounds even better! I have a vegan joining the dinner party so I can substitute Nayonnaise for the Mayonnaise (can't tell the difference) but what should I substitute for the yogurt? Maybe this will just have to be one of those dishes she can't have. I'm also doing roasted root veggies so she can fill up on those.

I guess you've already made this, Mollyanne, and hope you enjoyed it.
Next time, if you add a little more of the "Nayonnaise" along with a tablespoon of white vinegar, that should sub for the lack of yogurt.
By the way, Happy Mom's day........my son was just here with a lovely card, and a dozen of the most beautiful orange roses.:heart::mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom