REC: Italian Dressing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bob

Chef Extraordinaire
2 Jars Small Capers... 3-4 oz jars
6-8 toes ga-lick
8 oz EVOO
Fesh ground black pepper

Blend capers and ga-lick
add oil...add pepper

No salt needed...as capers and juice take care of that!

Ya'll Enjoy this one!

Hey, that sounds GREAT, Uncle Bob!

I will try half of that recipe in the little chopper container that came with my hand blender. I always have those ingredients.

Thanks!

Lee

Thanks QSis...it does make a rather large batch..a pint jar full....When I make it here I usually 1/2 it or even less...I enjoy it on salad...as well as a dip for bread...

Hope you enjoy it!

cjs said:
toss with some pasta and add a few kalamatas, and you're good to go!!

Sounds like a plan!!!

Next time I make it I am going to add a bit of anchovy when I blend the ga-lick and capers. Yum!...That does sound good...Even If I said it myself:LOL:

Uncle Bob said:
2 Jars Small Capers... 3-4 oz jars
6-8 toes ga-lick
8 oz EVOO
Fesh ground black pepper

Blend capers and ga-lick
add oil...add pepper

No salt needed...as capers and juice take care of that!

Ya'll Enjoy this one!

I just made this, Uncle Bob, and it's wonderful! I cut the recipe in half and it made about a cup of rich dressing. Filled 2 caper bottles. I was going to blend in some parsley, to counteract the garlic somewhat, but I forgot.

It looks tan in the picture, but it's really a pale green. Sorry the picture is sideways - DC won't let me upload any vertical pictures these days. (One of the admins, can't remember who, said he/she'd look into it weeks ago, but it's still a prob for me).

Can't wait to try it on my lunch salads this week!

I'd love to NOT refrigerate it, but I guess I should, huh?

Lee

capersaladdressingov6.jpg

Attachments

• Caper Salad dressing.JPG
    Caper Salad dressing.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
QSis said:
I just made this, Uncle Bob, and it's wonderful! I cut the recipe in half and it made about a cup of rich dressing. Filled 2 caper bottles. I was going to blend in some parsley, to counteract the garlic somewhat, but I forgot.

It looks tan in the picture, but it's really a pale green. Sorry the picture is sideways - DC won't let me upload any vertical pictures these days. (One of the admins, can't remember who, said he/she'd look into it weeks ago, but it's still a prob for me).

Can't wait to try it on my lunch salads this week!

I'd love to NOT refrigerate it, but I guess I should, huh?

Lee

Yes I would refrigerate it for sure...Am not sure how long it can 'safely" be kept...I have made it and kept it for over a week... but not sure if I am running a risk of botulisam. I am thinking the vinegar(brine) in the capers may make it ok...I'll have someone on here take a "look see" at the recipe and post what he thinks....I trust his judgement completely! Again refrigerate it!!

Uncle Bob said:
..I'll have someone on here take a "look see" at the recipe and post what he thinks....I trust his judgement completely! !!

I'm guessing that's not me!!!:LOL: :LOL: I made 1/4 batch tonight, since there's only me to eat it. Can't wait for lunch tomorrow!!!!

Loprraine said:
I'm guessing that's not me!!!:LOL: :LOL: I made 1/4 batch tonight, since there's only me to eat it. Can't wait for lunch tomorrow!!!!

Well I think you will "consume" it all before it has a chance to go bad on you....;) I had never really thought about shelf life..etc until QSis mentioned the refrigeration...I have never had any problems with it...but it usually does not last very long!! I do however keep it in the fridge....

Anyway...thanks for trying it...and I hope you enjoy it!!!

http://www.imageshack.us/ to post photos

QSis said:
...Sorry the picture is sideways - DC won't let me upload any vertical pictures these days. (One of the admins, can't remember who, said he/she'd look into it weeks ago, but it's still a prob for me)....
try going to the site ImageShack® - Hosting to host your photos for you
(I forget who originally posted this web site, I think it was Kitchenelf, but it works great!)

Thanks for posting that recipe Uncle Bob
(it took me a bit to figure out that you meant garlic - I was wondering what you were talking about "licking toes"?:LOL:)

Poutine said:
(I forget who originally posted this web site, I think it was Kitchenelf, but it works great!)

quote]

Well, I do post photos on a photo-hosting website, when I'm posting my pictures on a cooking forum that requires it. However, I've always been able to upload photos directly from my computer files onto DC. But recently, I can't upload photos that are oriented vertically because of the size constraints. Maybe it's always been that way and I just happen to post horizontal photos most of the time. Whatever, it's annoying.

But I appreciate your suggestion, Poutine - thanks for trying to help!

Lee

Poutine said:

Thanks for posting that recipe Uncle Bob
(it took me a bit to figure out that you meant garlic - I was wondering what you were talking about "licking toes"?:LOL:)

Licking toes:ermm: Of course with the salad dressing on them! Yum!:LOL:
Seriously..I guess you never heard a Southern boy say garlic..it's gaa-lick.
It's the accent don cha know? I sometime refer to garlic cloves as "toes"..It's somewhat a regional thing I guess..Anyways they look like toes..well kinda:LOL:

The Official Practice Thread for Posting Pictures

QSis said:
Poutine said:

quote]

Well, I do post photos on a photo-hosting website, when I'm posting my pictures on a cooking forum that requires it. However, I've always been able to upload photos directly from my computer files onto DC. But recently, I can't upload photos that are oriented vertically because of the size constraints. Maybe it's always been that way and I just happen to post horizontal photos most of the time. Whatever, it's annoying.

But I appreciate your suggestion, Poutine - thanks for trying to help!

Lee
You don't need to use the site here but if you use the image site you don't get that blue line around your pictures and I guess it saves this site space/memory/$.
There is also the "official practice page for posting pictures" you can practice there and get some advise from people that know more about this stuff than me.

I was having a problem posting photos. Problem solved. Resize your photos.
480 x360 works. There are several ways to resize. Do you have Photoshop or Windows Picture Manager or Picasa 2?

If you do not have software you can download them FREE. Google to locate.

Easy to resize.

Thanks for sharing your recipe Uncle Bob! I made it with an anchovy fillet and it was fantastic!

Lovecd...

Glad you liked it...I have been wanting to add the anchovy but haven't done it...Now that you have and have given it a "fantastic" rating..It will be a must do thing for me now...!!!

Thanks again for trying it...

Back
Top Bottom