This recipe shopwed up in my in-box a day or two ago, and I was licking the screen by the end of it! Poms are hard to come by here, so now I have another recipe to add to the growing pile of pomegranate recipes I must try when I'm able to source some fresh ones! If anyone makes I'd love to know how it turned out for you!
Pomegranate and Papaya Salad with Ginger Dressing
- 3/4 medium pomegranate
- 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 3/4 tsp. freshly grated ginger root, or 1/8 tsp. dry ginger
- 3/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1-1/4 heads curly endive, separated into leaves
- 8 cups baby lettuces, or other torn lettuce leaves
- 3/4 medium papaya, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. thinly sliced green part of green onions
Separate seeds from skin and pulp of pomegranate (you should have about 1/2 cup seeds); reserve. To make dressing, mix lemon juice and next 6 ingredients; whisk in oil. Reserve. On a large serving platter, arrange endive leaves like spokes with tips pointing out. Toss papaya with 2 tsp. dressing; reserve. Toss lettuce with remaining dressing; mound over endive leaves. Top with reserved papaya; sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, then with green onion.
Courtesy: Pomegranate Council
calories 200, fat 9.7g, 40% calories from fat, cholesterol 0mg, protein 3.1g, carbohydrates 29.3g, fiber 3.8g, sugar 20.3g, sodium 85mg, diet points 4.5.